Apology and Question for you awesome Mopar guys

-

GhostFish

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I joined awhile back and was a little active. I had been talking to a few people mainly thorugh PMs about picking up some parts for my 66 Cuda. My wife gave birth to our second son who went straight into NICU for 12 days having come 3 weeks early so our lives kind of got turned upside down.

My PMs have been cleared out so I can't personally apologize but if I was talking to you, I'm sorry to have vanished from the earth. Please feel free to get back with me if you remember what I was inquiring about...because having not slept in past 5 months, I don't remember...

So I'm returning now still owning the 66 and recently having aquired a 71 Dart for $500 off craigslist. We towed her home in snow storm six hours and managed to get her in the garage. The car is mostly dissassembled and only appears to be missing some interior, radiator, and the front and back windshields. (It's been too damn cold here to get out and play in the garage.) The body is really straight with one spot where some rust repair will need to happen on the driver rocker. Other than that, the car is very straight. The brakes and suspension have been rebuilt/replaced as well as a new gas tank installed. The slant 6 and trans were also just rebuilt. Only fired a few times to make sure it ran.

I had originally planned on rebuilding the Dart but I'm a very indecisive person. I can't decide which way to go so I figured I would see what you guys would do with it :)

I was thinking sell off the slant 6 and trans and shopping around for a 340 / 4 speed combo (which I've found) to throw into it.

Or I could just flip the car as it sets. I know someone out there would probably be willing to give me more than what I have in it or trade me parts for the Cuda.

What would you guys do?

Sorry for the long winded typing...

https://plus.google.com/photos/1077...s/5974002889003356673?authkey=COX00tnzgdXS2gE

Hope that link works. Few pictures of the motor, one of the car, and more of the trip home.

That baby comes first. The car stuff will wait.

I'm not awesome, but I'll give my opinion since I have plenty to spare.
Yep. what Owen's Dad said.
Based on what you said.
More than needs to be chewed.
That car isn't worth your time.
BTW, sell me the 340 engine and trans.
Never mind. I don't have time for that either.

Baby is fine and well now. His pediatrician said she had second thoughts about even sending him after she had pulled the trigger. So he's home and being your atypical baby monster. I'm just trying to get a game plan come summer time when I can actually leave the house :)

-
Back