appearance of a 340 vs. 360

-
well guys I just got home and checked this thread and I appreciate all the answers. Now Harry ( Pentastarnut), I have drove all the way down to La. and met you and I didn't think when I met you that you were full of chit, but I guess I was wrong about that. I KNOW the 69 340 is a lot better than a pile of scrap.(lol), I had one in a 69 Swinger back in the day and I would give an eye tooth to have it back. Now, you may be wondering why I asked this question. here it is. The 73 Dart Sport my son has right now has a 360 in it. I bought it from a fellow along with the tranny to sit it down in his car for just a driver until he had the money to put the 340 together along with the 4 speed he has. I turned the motor over with a breaker bar and socket when I went and looked at it to make sure it was not locked up. It spun fine for a couple of turns. got it home and a couple of turns more, it stopped. would not go any further. long story short, #7 cylinder was full of water. it only had 43000 miles on it. I verified the vehicle. It had no ring wear at all. I sent it out, had it checked and honed real good and I put it back together with new parts. It sounds real good, it runs real good. does not smoke, use oil or nothing. He is getting ready to paint this thing, sometime in the next few months. after the car shows. he has decided on Detonator yellow. gonna put a six pack hood like mine and paint it matte black with a black stripe. now............. what call out does he put on the back. 340 or a 360. I don't want to have to put one and then change it. a waste of money to me. That is why I wanted to know if he really wants to put a 340 in it eventually and goes ahead and put the 340 call out on there in a few months, I didn't want to go to a show next year and have a Mopar guy say" the car has a 340 on the back and that is a 360". I know it may sound stupid to worry about that but I am funny about that stuff. I think he could get away with it for now till he puts the correct engine in it to match the call out on the back. I think 73 was a split year on the 340 and 360. Hell, he may just keep the 360 in it and sell both of the 340's. never know what the future brings. Thanks for the info guys.

Bill, like a lot of guys said most people cant tell. On my current project it was a 273 car but I put a 318 in it. I am still gonna put the 273 lettering on it. Most if all wont be able to tell. Good luck,bud.

-
Back