Applefest cruise

-

Muslca

Reaction score
Inviting all Ontario members to my cruise night in Trenton.....Friday Sept 26th.
4 pm till dusk at the old Zellers plaza......highway #2.
Last year we had over 100 cars show up with 6 blower cars in attendance.
Hoping to double the cars this year.

Wilson
Trenton Ontario.

Attachments

• applefest.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 233
  • demon loading.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 234
  • 993721_10151920972611942_1504110505_n.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 213
  • pete.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 219
great pics...thanks for the share...but a bit too far for me to drive :)

Wilson , My wife and i went to last years event on the Sat. and met friends for the day and we conversed about doing that again , but if those plans fall through i may motor down to see that awesome Demon you have . Later Bob P.S. Come on Ian, gas up Lafawnda it's only 20 or so hours for a great weekend . I hope i spelled the old girls name right . L.O.L. Bob

This year's guest for the Applefest is Horny Mike, and Rockin Roli from Counting Cars,
plus a concert by April Wine and Kim Mitchell on the Friday night in Brighton.
It sounds like a great weekend.........heck if the Friday night cruise goes really well
we might do it the next night too; Saturday. There should be some cruiser sitting
at the hotels Saturday night with nothing to do......:)
Come down and look at the Demon!!!!!!
Bob......... Do you drive a orange 70 Duster????

Attachments

• demon5.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 186
Is this a "park and socialize" event at Zellers, or is it going mobile Friday night?

Damn, April Wine is one of my favs..I first went to see them in a rink back then...just missed them in Bridgewater this year because I was on PEI..

Please tell me that they are as great as they were in the 70s..

Maybe soon...my wife is from Gan and she loves Kingston...we are looking for a place to retire to within the next 5 years..

Bob, the car is fun but cannot imagine a 20 hour haul in it...my carcass is getting too old :)

ir3333: What we have planned is a mix between the two. The park and socialize is
scheduled from 4pm till 6pm. Then at 6pm we will get a caravan of cars and head up
to Belleville on the 401. We are going to cruise down the main drag of the city;
North Front Street and then head back to Trenton Zellers lot. This 62 Impala owned by
Pete Taft is going to lead the caravan. That is the plan.
We cruised last year and had a great time too. The cars will be sitting all day Saturday
at Applefest show. Friday is for driving....

Wilson

Attachments

• pete.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 175
i don't think Pete should have sold the '66...one of my all time favorites.
Some of my friends got to Apple fest around 09:00 A.M. last year and never did get in even though they were pre registered,but i don't know how long they waited.
..it has become a big event

ir3333: Pete still has plenty of cars by my count. He promised me a ride in the 62
and I plan on collecting Friday night. He said I could ride shot gun to Belleville with him
unless Rita kicks me out of the car. Last years cruise was great! I hope this years is
better. :)
I have placed ads in Kijijis and Facebook announcing the cruise. I have gone to other
cruise nights locally and have announced it over the pa systems....but the best
advertisement is word of mouth. Last year I had one week to get the word out and
we still had plenty of cars there. This year I have had more time to get the word out
so I am expecting more turnout......

Wilson

This year's guest for the Applefest is Horny Mike, and Rockin Roli from Counting Cars,
plus a concert by April Wine and Kim Mitchell on the Friday night in Brighton.
It sounds like a great weekend.........heck if the Friday night cruise goes really well
we might do it the next night too; Saturday. There should be some cruiser sitting
at the hotels Saturday night with nothing to do......:)
Come down and look at the Demon!!!!!!
Bob......... Do you drive a orange 70 Duster????

No its not me Wilson my Duster in not road worthy yet . If we can make it we will bring the 06 Charger Daytona R/T Tor Red if you see it it will most likely be the wife and me and we will join you to Belleville and then head home . Hope to join in . Bob

Damn, April Wine is one of my favs..I first went to see them in a rink back then...just missed them in Bridgewater this year because I was on PEI..

Please tell me that they are as great as they were in the 70s..

Maybe soon...my wife is from Gan and she loves Kingston...we are looking for a place to retire to within the next 5 years..

Bob, the car is fun but cannot imagine a 20 hour haul in it...my carcass is getting too old :)

Ya Ian that would be a haul for just a couple of days if you do relocate here in eastern Ontario it would be a easier commute . By the way have you decided on a Heavy duty pick-up ,do you plan on RVing when you are retired ? Best of luck .Bob

Bob: See you Friday then........I'm told the green Torino with the blower in this
photo will be here for the cruise along with the 62 Impala.

Attachments

• pete.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 92
It was nice to meet you Wilson . you put on a good little gathering Fri evening . That is one sweet Demon you have . Take care and we will meet again. Bob

-
Back