AR folks? AR 10

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
20170321_184711_zps4pvrmpms.jpg

This one been a while in the works. She is a ground up build, as cheep as I could go and still be happy.
AP upper 1&10 twist, SS barrel. (20")
AP free float hand guard (Mlock)
AP bolt group.
Luth-AR, MBA-1 butt stock (love it!)
Rifle length gas system, buffer (H2) and spring.
Off set sights. (Amazon. Very nice, yet to zero them tho...)
Lower is from 80% Arms in Cali. (Still waiting on the jig plate)
Fit with the lower to upper is good. (Surprisingly so.)

This sexy beast makes the 15 look like it's for house wifes...

Enjoy and feal free to show your favorite!

Here's my favorite. Also the only one I own or have owned. Have yet to get it out on a good range and sight it in good. It's a 15 tho, not a 10

IMG_9489.JPG

I thought about an AR10, but I am going to build my own 15 instead. Just something about cheap and readily available ammo. lol

View attachment 1715030631

This one been a while in the works. She is a ground up build, as cheep as I could go and still be happy.
AP upper 1&10 twist, SS barrel. (20")
AP free float hand guard (Mlock)
AP bolt group.
Luth-AR, MBA-1 butt stock (love it!)
Rifle length gas system, buffer (H2) and spring.
Off set sights. (Amazon. Very nice, yet to zero them tho...)
Lower is from 80% Arms in Cali. (Still waiting on the jig plate)
Fit with the lower to upper is good. (Surprisingly so.)

This sexy beast makes the 15 look like it's for house wifes...

Enjoy and feal free to show your favorite!

Here's my build. 6.5 Grendel.

Broughton heavy bull barrel: 264 LBC/6.5 Grendel, 1:8 twist, 24 inch, cut and threaded for SAS muzzle break
VLTOR Upper
Midwest Industries free float quad rail
Jhard Adjustable trigger set to 1.5 lb pull
Mid-length gas system,
Les Bear Match Bolt and Carrier
Magpul stock
National Certified to 1/4 MOA
65grendel_zps30f1b45e.jpg

300 yard zero during break in.

I love ARs. Eventually (after my car is done) I'll be buying a Live Free Armory Lite Hunter. Beautiful rifles. I build all my 15s, but 10s are harder to match parts, and usually not any cheaper.

I already built a 15 so this was the next step.
As far as ammo cost, I hand load so the cost is a little lower.

I reload as well, but .308 it's a pain to reload, 4/5 cases need to be trimmed.

I already built a 15 so this was the next step.
As far as ammo cost, I hand load so the cost is a little lower.

I reload as well, but .308 it's a pain to reload, 4/5 cases need to be trimmed.

I do as well, if youre considering a 308, look heavily at 6.5 grendel, its a better performing round and a tad cheaper to build as it uses 90% standard AR parts. Plus, the cases tend to last quite a while with little to no trimming, I might have to trim 1 or 2 out of a batch, but normally I can go 2-3 reloading cycles before trimming. Cases tend to stay in shape. As for brass, I used dedicated 6.5 grendel brass but you can for plinking use necked down 7.62x 39 brass and just trim the necks a little, they work just fine.

Honestly I'd rather keep it simple. .308 is a versatile, proven round, and plentiful. If you look what happened after Sandy Hook you couldn't find any of the "designer" rounds, reloading supplies, whatever. Hell, half of the common rounds were MIA for basically years. If I need something bigger I'll whip out my .300 win/mag, anything else my AR15 will do. JMO.

Honestly I'd rather keep it simple. .308 is a versatile, proven round, and plentiful. If you look what happened after Sandy Hook you couldn't find any of the "designer" rounds, reloading supplies, whatever. Hell, half of the common rounds were MIA for basically years. If I need something bigger I'll whip out my .300 win/mag, anything else my AR15 will do. JMO.
actually, thats why I went 6.5.... I had just ordered my AR10 lower 2 hours before the shooting happened. ended up selling it because I couldnt get the parts I needed but I had spare parts for an AR15, so I ordered the barrel and bolt for the 6.5 during the height of the panic in early 2013 and was able to find 6.5 bullets easily.

what 300 win mag do you have?

actually, thats why I went 6.5.... I had just ordered my AR10 lower 2 hours before the shooting happened. ended up selling it because I couldnt get the parts I needed but I had spare parts for an AR15, so I ordered the barrel and bolt for the 6.5 during the height of the panic in early 2013 and was able to find 6.5 bullets easily.

what 300 win mag do you have?

Browning A-bolt Stainless Stalker. Great gun, but made in Japan. Has a Vortex 6-18x Crossfire II on there now, eventually I plan to upgrade to a 24X Viper PST.

Browning A-bolt Stainless Stalker. Great gun, but made in Japan. Has a Vortex 6-18x Crossfire II on there now, eventually I plan to upgrade to a 24X Viper PST.
I love those guns! I would LOVE to have an A-bolt white gold medallion but then I'd probably never use it cause they're so freakin nice!

I love those guns! I would LOVE to have an A-bolt white gold medallion but then I'd probably never use it cause they're so freakin nice!
I was actually trying to sell mine, I was surprised how little interest I got. One guy wanted to trade me a 30-30 for it, lol

Hey cope nice looking AR10. I couldn't believe the amount of kick between the 10 and 15. The 10 made my darn hand hurt the next day lol. Dustin

Last time I took the Ar10 to the range, a guy showed up with this. It was at his private range, and he has a classIII license, along with lots of fun toys he shared.
698.jpeg

-
Back