are 60's velvetouch metallic? lining good enough

-

Rapid Robert

Reaction score
I have some. drum brakes. for the 63 dart dirt track stock car. races last 15-30 minutes. thank you for your time.

didn't they "tear up drums" and have to be heated up before working well?
I'm sure someone has correct answers instead of "this is what I think I remember".

Velvetouch is the cat's meow of brake linings. The linings did NOT tear up drums, however the drums will wear faster as the coefficient of friction is much higher with aggressive linings. Unless it was below 40F that intial braking was never an issues. All those tales are just more hot air with no expereince. I have lot's of brake experience using Velvetouch drum linings and i had pads for a while back in the day. Great product, Are there any shoes for sale?

I agree, Velvetouch was the best and I believe the material was made at a company called S.K.Wellmon right near me. The plant has been closed and mowed down for an industrial park back in the 80's-90's. They also made the material for Military tank clutch material. A couple guys back in the day had car clutch discs made by someone they knew who worked there. I think the guys name were Hutter & Valerio, they ran a Camaro called "Canned Heat'" that was very successful.

OK I will go ahead & usem on the stock car & maybe on my 73 dart as braking is marginal right now. I've been sitting on these for a few years but here is the card from where I think I bought em. BJ's brake shop 476-fish. can do, Oregon.97527. you might Google to get the prefix #. Ebay might have some.

-
Back