Are 65 66 valiant rear window seal same?

-

retractable

Reaction score
Looking to replace the rear window seal on my 66 valiant 2 dr . Can only find a new one for a 65 valiant. What is the difference? No one lists a new seal for 1966.

Completely different. 66 is a 1 year only and I don't think anyone makes a replacement for it. Good Luck.

The 66 is pretty flat and the 64-65 is smaller, and more rounded.

THe blue is a 66 Ivory is a 65, both 2 door HT Signet.

Attachments

• 5-1-09 Mike 177.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCN4031.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 220
There are no reproduction parts for the back window seal and it is a '66 only part.
You'll need to find a used one but the good news it's the same part for four door & two doors.

There are no reproduction parts for the back window seal and it is a '66 only part.
You'll need to find a used one but the good news it's the same part for four door & two doors.

Hmm, I know where there's a 66 4 door parts car!!!

i HAVE A 4 DR PARTS CAR ALSO WITH REAR GLASS IN . i NEED TO SEE HOW HARD THAT SEAL IS BEFORE I LOOK TOO HARD FOR A NEW ONE. THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP.

Yup, 66 one year on the rear glass...I would check your parts car Jay....they are pretty stiff and most are tough shape. I tried to remove one from a parts car it it crumbled...but I might know of a good used one in a junkyard near you at Rohners....but the car is hidden under trees which is good cause its possible the sun didn't cook it too bad.....bad thing is now with he snow and cold you would probably have to wait till spring to take it out now.

Thanks Kieth I know the car in the junk yard. I think my parts car might work but it is hard also with the cold. might get in the shop to warm up then see is I can use it. I am still trying to find a soft one.

I have been talking to Steele Rubber parts and they want me to send the rear window seal from my 66 Valiant to them and they think they will make it . If you need a rear window seal contact Steele Rubber it might help and have them do it sooner. Thanks

-
Back