are my fans too restrictive?

-

green67cuda

Reaction score
ok....here is a pic of my fans...they are 2 10" zirgo fans....this relates to my overheating problem (flex fan: hot in traffic, 180 all day moving; electric: 190 in traffic all day, hot moving)
i figure maybe they're blocking too much airflow and maybe i should cut off most of the arcs between the support bars to open them up a bit.....

site1061.jpg

I'm interested in this also... I have 2 10" haydens that wont cool worth a damn... and just ordered 2 10" zirgo's setup the way you have -

The haydens didnt keep me from boiiling over for more then 20 minutes... but driving i'm fine...

lemme know too!!

oh....i'm opposite, DJV.....my electrics keep me cool at idle in traffic, but the temp soars on up when i drive

the flex fan lets it get hot in traffic, but runs 180 all day going down the road

so i'd just go back to the flex fan, but what's the point of buying electric fans then?

Hmmm, just a thought... but it looks like the temp sendor in the intake manifold is directly behind that upper fan. You don't suppose it could be showing a false reading because of that do you? Maybe try blocking the airflow from hitting the front of the intake and see if it reads differently??

INERESTING.....

I just warmed the car up and adjusted the switch for the fans to come on at 200-205 and went for a ride, and now it runs 190 going down the road.....instead of creeping up and getting hotter....

so raising my fan thermostat apparently solved the problem.....we'll have to see how it does in traffic....i'm thinking that if it ran 190 before in traffic, now it'll run 200-210 in traffic, but at least it won't get hot while i'm driving

i am going home today and picking up my 2 10" zirgo's... i have a road trip next friday... we'll see if they cool!

I tsted my E Fan sunday and the Temp on Highway (Autobahn) at 70mls/h is between 205° (fan shots of) and 215° (fan starts cooling)....

-
Back