Are my Headlights too Blue???

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Just wondering if this picture of my car with the parking lights on showing the Blue in the Headlights would be considered too blue, meaning Could I be impersonating a police officer with these lights illuminated at dusk? I drove by a local cop tonight coming home from the cruise in and he did not turn around and pull me over so I was just wondering. When I turn the headlights on the lights are white with a blue outline around them.

041410001 167.jpg

I personally am not a fan of the ebay halo light on a muscle car......my opinion would be to ditch them and just go with a brighter standard colored light.

but to each his own i guess

No, really it is not. My wife said to me when I pulled the car into the driveway tonight that I better watch out that I don't get pulled over for impersonating a police officer with these blue lights on my car. I cannot see how these lights would be considered police lights, they do not flash or blink off and on in any way. I only really use these at cruise ins at night anyway. I did drive home with them lit up tonight, I forgot to pull out the headlight switch after I left the cruise in.

I personally am not a fan of the ebay halo light on a muscle car......my opinion would be to ditch them and just go with a brighter standard colored light.

but to each his own i guess

I kind of like these because they make my car look cool at night when I am at a cruise in at dusk. I do not even drive the car at night so it wouldn't really matter that these are Halo lights. I have had the sealed beams and still have a set but I like these for effect on my car. They just look cool on a blue painted car.

the remind me of a mistsubishi eclipse headlight or something LOL...no offense.

I know here in michigan that they are illegal.

you cant have any type of underglow lighting,you cant have lighted windshield washers,you cant have strobe light and you cant have halo lights,you cant have neon lights in your interior,you cant have dome lights on.....things like that.

anything that is considered a distraction to the driver or a passing motorist is considered illegal .

and when most people see two blue lights coming down the road they are like mesquitos heading into a bug zapper and its hard not to pay attention to it.....so I will bet that the cops will tell you that you can not used them unless your vehicle is in the "park" position.

I would look into HID lights.. Just very bright, not blue.. Those blue lights are cool when you are trying to impress people in highschool, or people who's brain is still in such.. Just my opinion.. Quite neat looking but takes away from muscle car status for sure.. I would like to have like ten of them on my tractor, that would look neat while bush-hogging at night..

Well then they are coming off tomorrow. I will go back to the sealed beams.

Yes they are! It is illegal to have red or blue lights in or on your car.

Besides those lights are annoying when someone is behind me or when some jackass in a 4x4 that never goes off road has his headlights and fog lights on at the same time...when there is no fog! I also hate guys with only one bright headlight!

Yep, way brighter, and when installed they actually look close to stock. They are flat but not too noticeable, they just look like clean stock lights.
The price is right, but don't forget you need to buy the bulbs at about $45.
The light is much brighter and safe at night. I used to drive around with my high beams on just to see and no one ever flashed me. Plus the old ones would always dim at low rpms, these not so much. I will take care of that with this: parts kit RIK-2, as soon as it arrives:
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html

Very interesting and useful info :) matthon..

I took a look at your link. There is tonns of useful information about bulbs, HIDs, and headlamp lens technology..
I did not realize that HID was generally worse at quality illumination that the eye could detect at night.
Thanks!

I would look into HID lights.. Just very bright, not blue.. Those blue lights are cool when you are trying to impress people in highschool, or people who's brain is still in such.. Just my opinion.. Quite neat looking but takes away from muscle car status for sure.. I would like to have like ten of them on my tractor, that would look neat while bush-hogging at night..

Not even, I'm still in high school (only for a couple more months thank god) and I don't like them either, haha.

But I believe where I live they would pull us over too if we had those on our car... way too blue.

Not even, I'm still in high school (only for a couple more months thank god) and I don't like them either, haha.

But I believe where I live they would pull us over too if we had those on our car... way too blue.

:) yea, I just said that cause one of my good buddies was in college but was still a teenager at heart, and was always putting blue light bulbs in his headlamps.. :) and trying to impress the ladies with all that jazz.. it worked more times than not..

:) yea, I just said that cause one of my good buddies was in college but was still a teenager at heart, and was always putting blue light bulbs in his headlamps.. :) and trying to impress the ladies with all that jazz.. it worked more times than not..

So the blue lights go on...And the skirts come off? Hmm, haven't heard that one.

In PA, you'd get stopped in a heartbeat. Any blue colored light is illegal because they are reserved for police and firemen.

Those headlamp housings resemble a set of headlamp housings that I bought from JC Whitney a few years ago, that would accept any type of bulb. I used to drive interstate a lot, and usually didnt get home until after dark, so I bought a set of offroad bulbs that were rated at 130W for high beam (Standard is around 55W-65W, I believe). Anyway, those lights were awesome. When I flipped the high beams on, I could illuminate both lanes for what seemed like several miles. Of course I always took care to never turn them on when there was any approaching traffic, or when I was following anyone, but they were the brightest lights I have ever seen. I checked on JCW recently, and I didnt see the bulbs being offered anymore.

Lights are gone!!!!! Sealed Beams are back in. Thanks for the input. These were just put on the car as a test to try to see how they would go over. Not worth a ticket and they are too blue. I'll stick to my Sylvania Halogens.

the hid light that was on my chopper was not that annoying blue color. it had a slight tint of blue, but was more white then anything. i have a picture of it somewhere, if I can find it I will post it.....

Just wondering if this picture of my car with the parking lights on showing the Blue in the Headlights would be considered too blue, meaning Could I be impersonating a police officer with these lights illuminated at dusk? I drove by a local cop tonight coming home from the cruise in and he did not turn around and pull me over so I was just wondering. When I turn the headlights on the lights are white with a blue outline around them.

Wow, looks like Frank Sinatra opened his baby blues. Wouldn't want you to get into trouble with the fuzz. You may want to ask a local cop about the legalities of this particular headlight.:read2:

from what I remember the blueish tint that creates all the glare is from people using the 5400k hid bulbs. they actually have a blue tint on them. these pictures are of the Sylvania XE5R light on my old chopper. It has the lower temp bulb in it, i believe it is 4100 k. first 2 pictures are of the low beam, second the high. as you can see it is not blue. it was however, a life saver. would have clipped more than 1 coyote on the 202 in Az had it not been for the light. it is not a cheap lamp, but being able to see has its. i aimed it height wise like the directions said to, but i pushed it just a few degrees to the right. these pictures were taken with the bike on it's kickstand. in 8500 miles or so, the only time i was flashed by oncoming drivers is if i had the high beam on.

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

-
Back