Are new valve locks necessary

-
I wasn't sure if I should use them. But if they been doing the job for 40yrs who knows maybe there good for another 40yrs. I don't have a lot of experience with changing out springs or valve locks in this case its my first time. I guess most people would just buy all new locks for insurance sake.

I typically replace them, but use Mopar Performance or Isky locks. Locks displace metal on the valve, leave a sharp edge, even on stock engines, so something is going on. Unfortunately, it looks like Cheap Junk wins again. What are they thinking?

Well considering I have just received a replacement set of roller rockers from PRW due to the shafts and bushings wearing into each other I agree that there has been an issue that has basically eaten several parts and it's impossible to know what caused what but the grooves in the valves are clean and correct and the guides are still good . If I was the only one finding these issues I would say there was a build problem but when the builder tells me he has stopped using a manufacturers part because he has had several issues with them and my local guy shows me he has had problems with the same manufacturer's parts then I tend to believe their judgement that the parts aren't what they are supposed to be , like I said above use your own judgement but a look around here on FABO will reveal more than one issue with this manufacturers locks and retainers .

-
Back