Are shaft mounted full roller rockers needed?

-

Reaction score
On LA shaft mount rockers is there an advantage in hp and durability to running a full roller since theres pressured oil running between rocker and shaft.

I don't think they are needed. One thing i don't like about full rollers is if you ever break a rocker arm the needles go everywhere. On street motors I run 273 adjustable rockers and have run them to low 12s in the quarter and never hurt one.

maybe a micro gain, but is it measurable and or is it just less friction-heat

i like the needle roller idea, but its one of the last things i look at in gaining anything unless im moving away from inaccurate iron 273 rockers...then its ratio gained and less friction/heat
Now the roller tip definitely saves guides from heavy side loading..
btw how many harland sharps have u seen broken and needles going everywhere?

maybe a micro gain, but is it measurable and or is it just less friction-heat

i like the needle roller idea, but its one of the last things i look at in gaining anything unless im moving away from inaccurate iron 273 rockers...then its ratio gained and less friction/heat
Now the roller tip definitely saves guides from heavy side loading..
btw how many harland sharps have u seen broken and needles going everywhere?

With high spring pressures and psycho rollers a few. That's why I epoxy magnets in the heads and block as a safety measure. I guess it depends on how hard you push your equipment.

With high spring pressures and psycho rollers a few. That's why I epoxy magnets in the heads and block as a safety measure. I guess it depends on how hard you push your equipment.

My spring pressure neededs shouldn't be to high, using 280ish & .525ish with 1.6, beehive springs, titianum retainers, ford under cut hollow stem 1.85-1.55 valves.

-
Back