Are the tie rod ends the same from 63-76?

-

Rockerdude

Rock n' Roll and A-bodies
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Im looking to upgrade to bbp discs up front and to replace the front end components (bushings ball joints ect) Ive noticed a huge price difference between say a 64 Valiant tie rod and a 74 Duster tie rod. Can I use 74 Duster tie rods on a 64 valiant? Something else weird is that they sell front end kits that say "complete" but they only include the inner tie rods.. Wtf?

Thanks!

They are the same maybe the threaded part is offset? I use the larger C body tie rod system myself.

No, just get the larger sleeves that go with them. I have them on my 66 Formula S and my brothers 67 Barracuda.

They are the same maybe the threaded part is offset? I use the larger C body tie rod system myself.

The sleeve is the same for all the tie rods asked about in the original post so I think you are correct about the offset. Moog part number ES319S.

No -- they are not the same -- the angle is slightly different -- and enough so -- that you can not get accurate alignment....
1962 - 1969 are the same ---- ES319L (Inners) and ES319R (Outers)
1970 - 1976 are the same ---- ES401L (Inners) and ES401R (Outers)
The 70 - 76 are far less expensive than the 62 - 69s......

So I purchased ES319L for the driver's side outside tie rod end. But it appears the threads are going the wrong direction! Anyone have any thoughts on what the correct part would be? I seem to be going in circles at this point. Summit just told me to buy a new sleeve to match the ES319L I bought but I'm worried the new sleeve won't screw onto the inner tie rod and just compound my problem. Thoughts anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_5611.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_5612.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 132
So I purchased ES319L for the driver's side outside tie rod end. But it appears the threads are going the wrong direction! Anyone have any thoughts on what the correct part would be? I seem to be going in circles at this point. Summit just told me to buy a new sleeve to match the ES319L I bought but I'm worried the new sleeve won't screw onto the inner tie rod and just compound my problem. Thoughts anyone?

Look at the other one. One has left hand thread the other right hand thread. That's so that they both lengthen or shorten when you turn the sleeve...

If you don't have the tie rod ends bought already, some people like to upgrade to the larger 11/16" tie rod ends and sleeves. $50 a side isn't bad for a decent upgrade.

Moog ES440S

that info was provided to me on one of my threads... its the adj sleeve number...

Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
If you scroll down on the link I put up it shows ES355RL and ES352R I'm not advocating buying them off of Amazon, I just put that up there as a quick link. You might be able to get them cheaper off of RockAuto.com

Here's a thread from last year where I got the info 11/16" Tie Rod Ends

this was sent to be on here also...

-
Back