Are there any 235/60-14 tires I can buy that give decent traction ?

-
So all I can find in my size is 215-560x14 micke thompson et street radials or bfg 205-50x14 drag radial II . Will these give me better traction than my bfg ta 235-60x14 tires , or would it be a waste ?
Thanks

Wow Jerry, those M/T's are a little over 24", but the BFG's are only 22". I actully did the 22" deal many years ago with a B60/13 Concorde Trac action belted and a 2.73 gear. But that was on a 15 sec. car. I'm a tightwade, so imo, it's probably not worth the money even though they would help some. Out of the two the M/T's would be best. I'd keep looking and hope to find a set of wheels that fit and a little taller/wider tire. That's if your willing to switch for just when you go to the track.

Wow Jerry, those M/T's are a little over 24", but the BFG's are only 22". I actully did the 22" deal many years ago with a B60/13 Concorde Trac action belted and a 2.73 gear. But that was on a 15 sec. car. I'm a tightwade, so imo, it's probably not worth the money even though they would help some. Out of the two the M/T's would be best. I'd keep looking and hope to find a set of wheels that fit and a little taller/wider tire. That's if your willing to switch for just when you go to the track.

So you're saying with either of these tires I will still be spinning up the track ? Even if I buy new wheels the biggest I can fit is about 245-60x15 , would this wheel with drag slicks give me the traction I need ?

So you're saying with either of these tires I will still be spinning up the track ? Even if I buy new wheels the biggest I can fit is about 245-60x15 , would this wheel with drag slicks give me the traction I need ?
I think the 24.2" M/T streets would be the best bet if you want to drive them to the track, light years ahead of the tires your running now. May have a little spin off the line, but not down the track enough to make you loose at mid track. They would give a huge pickup in et imo. If you want to race alot and get the best possible times then the larger tire or slick would be best. If it was me and only raced on occasion i would go with the Streets and just work with the pressures to get the best times. I actully think with them and shifting in the 6k ish range you'll see twelves and that ain't half bad.

I think the 24.2" M/T streets would be the best bet if you want to drive them to the track, light years ahead of the tires your running now. May have a little spin off the line, but not down the track enough to make you loose at mid track. They would give a huge pickup in et imo. If you want to race alot and get the best possible times then the larger tire or slick would be best. If it was me and only raced on occasion i would go with the Streets and just work with the pressures to get the best times. I actully think with them and shifting in the 6k ish range you'll see twelves and that ain't half bad.

Okay I'll get them ,

Heres a few choices

Both have a minimum recommended rim width of 6" Rallyes are 5.5"

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOO-17030/

A body Joe ran these on his Dart on Rallyes and was pulling the tires off the ground running high 12s with 3.91s

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOO-17411/

Can I run bias ply in back radials in front ? Not going to get funny on the track at 110 mph+ with that combo ? They all reccomend 6" wheel minimum , you think it's a problem with 5.5" rallye wheels ? Running high 12's is where my car should be , at least that's what we were all aiming for , with a better driver of course ,

Lots of guys run radials up front bias on the rear, Not the best idea Im sure. I dont think those tiny drag radials are going to do you any good though. Either go with the quick times or get some 15" rear wheels other wise your throwing money out the window,

-
Back