Are these the right lower A arms?

-
image.jpeg

I'm giving the box plates a shot. If nothing else, they take a lot of the slop out of the torsion bar adjusters.

I copied the photo and text below from an article posted some time ago. The question I have is relative to the red-letter text. How much is "too much" side to side clearance. Is that measureable? If I use the boxing plates and weld along the edges, the width of the plate will set the spacing. But if I don't use the boxing plates, the amount of slop in the torsion bar adjuster is what it is. What's the down side of that?

mopp_0306_12_z+replacing_lower_control_arms+clearancing.jpg

The 1/8-inch plates easily conform to the curvature of the control arm with clamping. Now is also a good time to see if the torsion-bar- adjuster pivot at the end of the arm (arrows) has too much side-to-side clearance. Pulling in the sides of the control arm for a flush fit while clamping the plate can reduce the clearance. The anchor does not move relative to the control arm once the ride height is set, so little to no clearance is required. The fit of our plates is right on the money.

they just need to be loose enough so the adjuster can freely rotate. any more and they can get sloppy at the T-bar end

-
Back