Are two horns better than one?

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
My son's '74 Dart Sport and my '76 Duster parts car both have only one horn, mounted underneath the battery tray. Other cars I have seen or pictures posted here on the web have two horns, some mounted on the right side of the radiator.

Is this some type of two-tone (high/low) approach to being heard better than one tone? They look the same, so are the horns adjustable? In other words, can I add the Duster horn to the Dart and make an adjustment to get the two-tone effect?

Just curious,
Jerry

Dual horn cars have a high and low tone. Can't say that it makes them any more noticable but they typically sound better than the single horn.

Both horns in my Barracuda finally crapped out and I went yarding to get new ones. Would up grabbing a matched set from a late model Mustang (late model mopars have a diffferent connector). I believe the two frequencies are 200Hz and 400Hz.

get a high and low horn set and mount them in front of the rad support weather they are domestic or foriegn horns,single or dual wire set up and it will be alot better for safety reasons.If you mount in the engine bay the sound,a good portion of it is killed by the engine noise!mrmopartech

-
Back