Are you kiddin me?!!!

-

Carman340

Reaction score
Wait a minute...Ford Maverik brake drums on a mopar???? Nobody in their right mind would do something like that.
So first I have to tell you that I spent many hours on the paint job on my 1972 Demon and am proud of the results ...mostly. It is TX9 black so it had to be nearly perfect. And it almost is even though I am not a body man by trade. Not braging. Machinist instead. So I am very protective of my car's apearance. But that's not what I was going to say. My engine was built with a 10.06 compression ratio with Indy T/A aluminum heads. Therefore it runs good on 93 octane pump gas.
Well I thought maybe it would run even better on 112 octane race gas. So I bought 5 gallons of that stuff and dumped it in the tank of the Demon on Saturday. Took it to a cruise about 60 miles away hoping to see a difference in the way it ran. I did and it ran worse, wanting to stall at every red light. So that was a waste of good cash. But that isn't what I wanted to say.
On Monday after work I backed the old beast out of the garage (noticing the blue grey residue all over the back bumper from the leaded gas) and headed for the gas station to top off the tank with 89 octane pump gas just to help give it a diet that it was more used to. I didn't get half a mile and a deer jumped out right in front of me. Panic stop. Slammed on the binders. All four wheels locked up the some instant and I came to a stop just in time as the deer wandered off the road. Tire marks say I don' t have to be embarrased about my Ford Maverick brake drums anymore!!
Yes... I had to change from small bolt pattern to big bolt (4 1/2) pattern and that worked. Just had to bore the center to fit the Moser axles.

Front has factory disk... ( small bolt pattern 4 inch) They are manual 4 piston disk brakes in front.
Rears are 10 inch drums.
They don't react quite like modern power brakes with ABS but get the job done.

That was the most ADHD post I've ever read.

What is the story on the Rustyratrod dude?

Read some of the man's posts...he's helpful, possesses a wealth of knowledge, sarcastic at times, calls 'em like he sees 'em and doesn't put up with a great deal of ****...and he fits his place in the universe quite well...reminds me [more than a little] of my Dad.

Glad you were amused or entertained. Bet you are glad you live far far away from me.

And why is that? Is that supposed to be some form of veiled threat? Want a plane ticket?

Read some of the man's posts...he's helpful, possesses a wealth of knowledge, sarcastic at times, calls 'em like he sees 'em and doesn't put up with a great deal of ****...and he fits his place in the universe quite well...reminds me [more than a little] of my Dad.

Thank you sir. I am humbled by your description. Your dad must be one cool dude. lol

^^ Ha Ha!

That he is-I don't get to hang out with him as much as I want.

Not trying to mind your business, but you should correct that. My father is gone and I wish every single day I had spent more time with him.

OK. I will admit that my writing was flawed...TMI.
About the ADHD comment...Who knows????
And that's all I have to say about that.

-
Back