argent silver paint code???

-

markymark

Reaction score
looking for the correct paint code for the early 70,s rally wheels. light argent silver..also used on grilles and headlight bezels..no help from google. thanks and have a nice day

Yep.
I have also used the Krylon dull aluminum, and I have used Dupli-Color enamel as well.
Both are almost dead on matches to the silver on my 68's.
The Krylon is easier to work with, but enamel probably better choice for wheels.
I can post the Dupli-color number tonight when I get home if you are interested.

Krylon dull aluminium... trust me it's the only thing you want to use exact color match and drive really fast

does anyone have a current part number for the krylon dull aluminum paint ? and is the center cap on the 71 rally's the same color as the wheel ? a light silver ?

does anyone have a current part number for the krylon dull aluminum paint ? and is the center cap on the 71 rally's the same color as the wheel ? a light silver ?
'71 is Dark Argent

your Mopar dealer has it. Muscle wheel paint and it is the same as the grills.If you are looking for textured argent like a stock Duster grill ( not shark tooth) Totally auto have some nice textured argent in light and dark.

1403 or
FBQK1403

GREAT THANKS. I KNOW I CAN GET THE MOPAR ARGENT BUT AT 20 DOLLARS A CAN I THOUGHT THE KRYLON WOULD BE A BETTER PRICE.

HOW CAN YOU TELL IF A WHEEL IS POWDER COATED AND NOT PAINTED ? SEEMS TO ME WHEN I HAD THE REAR WHEELS MADE INTO 15 INCH 4 INCH PATTERN THAT STOCKTON WHEEL MIGHT HAVE POWDER COATED THE RIMS. USING PAINT ON A POWDER COATED RIM I THINK IS LOOKING FOR A PROMBLEM

-
Back