ARP???

-

gtgto

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Every friggin year I go through the same crap. I change over to snow tires on my WRX and every year when I change back I have to brake at least one stud. I have used OEM replacements up till now but I'm wondering if I should buy ARP studs instead. They are so much more than OEM and I'm not sure if its the studs or the damn factory lug nuts. Are ARP products worth the extra cost?

Are you anti seizing the threads? Are your winter wheels hubcentric and if so are you running rings?

Brief answer, yes. ARP products are one of the few aftermarket products that always perform as well or better than they are supposed to. Well worth it. That’s not to say they won’t be susceptible to whatever is causing your studs to break. Like overtorquing them for instance.

I use anti-seize on lug threads and the cone of the lug nut. I also torque my lug nuts. Never a problem, form FL to SD. You can also put a thin film of grease where the wheel contacts the hub. No ARP studs required.

Are you anti seizing the threads? Are your winter wheels hubcentric and if so are you running rings?
The wheels are hub centric and I haven't used anti seize on them. It will try using it and check the recommended torque setting for lug nuts. Never in my life have I used a torque wrench for lug nuts and I am old.

I always have used a torque wrench. I started using anti-seize after using it for underwater systems. My pet peeve is young punk kids who use an impact wrench and get the lugs so tight my 300 ft lb torque wrench wont budge them, nieces car. I am really old.

-
Back