Arsen Starting Fires Here in Southern Colorado!

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
About the middle of the week someone began starting fires here in Southern Colorado, kind of around the 24 West corridor. There was something like 7-10 fires started, each one within 90 minutes of eachother.

Now, there's another one that just started at around 12:30 this afternoon just west of Colorado Springs. It's in Waldo Canyon on Pyramid mountain.
Had to have been man made. Prob the creep they're looking for.

Anyways, here's some pics from the park behind my place of residence.

Seen the tankers already dropping the red fire retardent on it, good for the El Paso County firemen getting at it as soon as they can!!
Already burned over 150 acres and it's real windy out :(

Hope they catch the person repsonsible!!

Attachments

• DSC_0961.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 460
  • DSC_0971.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 462
  • DSC_0967.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 439
  • DSC_0965.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 455
  • DSC_0964.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 457
  • DSC_0963.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 438
  • DSC_0962.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 453
wow man you are close to me, i can see that from my front door

so far there has been over 20 little fires started

you must be in the pine creek area

People like that need to have their anatomy nailed to a post in an old wooden barn. Hand them a knife and then light the barn on fire. Tell them the choice is theirs as you shut the door on the way out.

I hope they catch the little creep and tie him to tree 100 yards downwind of one fires he started....

73AbodEE, what part of town are you in? Are you out East a ways?

yes im off of woodman and meridian in Falcon. i can smell the smoke. i couldnt believe it until i turned the news on! that is crazy, i have lived here since 1976 and never seen a fire in manitou springs

they thought they caught the guy starting them, but had to let him go

I hope they catch the little creep and tie him to tree 100 yards downwind of one fires he started....
Stick me in the area and let me catch this turd, I can do something and watching an area is right up my alley... can do list!!!

I need a new hobby anyway for a couple weeks or more !!

That is Beautiful Land, that is being Destroyed by a Bag of Crap. It is a Shame to see that.... Lord Knows, I would like to put hands on that POS:angry5:

I hope they catch that asshat. I was down in Pueblo at the street rod nats, The guy next to me got the call the fire was 1.5 miles from his house. Needles to say he was gone in about 2 min. I had to bail also as the smoke and ash was kicking my ***.

Any worthless scumbag that has nothing more important to do......... but to ruin amazing natural beauty in this country ought to be directed straight to prison, and whatever damage is incurred in these wildfire's, should be made to
go out and replant and fix what was destroyed by way of manual labor,
and watched over by a prison guard till it's all taken care of. When and if it get's fixed...... we will let you out, whether it's 10 year's, or 25 year's. Teach
that POS scumbag a lesson!!

What the hell's wrong with people? We have some serious problems up here that's tying up all the resources and some joker pulls this kind of a stunt? I have some friends displaced by the fire up here and what the residents, the Sheriffs Department and the Firefighters are going through is incomprehensible. You just have to ask "Why"?

In Alberta, the season for taking a guilty arsonist starts January 1st and ends on December 31st. Tags are free, but proof of harvest is required, generally in the form of a photo of the arsonist in action and then again once harvested. The limit is three per day but on leap years the limit is increased to as many bullets, or arrows if you are a bow hunter, as you can carry on your person at one time. Of course fully automatic weapons are not allowed in Canada, but the clip size may be increased to a maximum of 15 rounds. Baiting is allowed as long as the site is cleaned up after use, as to prevent a gathering place for arsonists while no hunters are around to take advantage. In residential areas snares and live traps may be used, but must be monitored to avoid innocent civilians being caught in such devices. Once a guilty arsonist is caught in a trap or snare it must be hauled away from the residential area for proper disposal. Unfortunately there are no trophy records yet, but we are hoping to get Boone and Crockett to look at starting a section for these animals. :D

Disclaimer: Of course this isn't true, just a wish!

the ash is falling like snow, Manitou springs has been evacuated, 2500 acres up in smoke.

Attachments

• Waldo-Canyon-25.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 363
  • Waldo-Canyon-fire-22.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 357
  • nighttime+waldo+caynon+fire4.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 357
Wonder if it was started by someone like this:

the heyman fire a number of years ago was started by a disgruntled forest service female employee. it was one of the largest until the one up by fort collins. around here, nothing would suprise me. we are supposed to break an all-time 100+ degree temperature today in the springs

Attachments

• waldo18.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 363
  • waldo31.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 356
  • waldo32.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 344
-
Back