Attaching Sanden Comp. to SB

-

clhyer

Reaction score
Evening folks,
Working on fabbing up suitable brackets to mount a Sanden style compressor to my 318. In looking over the situation this afternoon, I think I can come up with brackets to attach to 3 of the 4 holes on the front of the compressor and fairly easy to attach to 1 hole in the rear. Would this be suitable with enough attaching points, or do I need to try for more on the rear?

I've not seen any aftermarket brackets to work with my alternator...
Thanks,
C

Attachments

• DSC00625.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 238
Quite a few 83-90 dodge trucks had Sanden compressors.Junk yard could be a great place to get them.

3 holes should be fine. Search for photos and I think you can see many Chevy SB's installed that way. Indeed, I recall some of the Mopar after-market brackets only use 1 hole in the rear. Did you look at Bouchillon's (sp?) site? I dealing with the same thing, wanting to put a Sanden on 3 of my cars. No interference problem w/ after-market brackets, I just enjoy being cheap, since it keeps the wife happy.

Bill,
We ought to have a contest to see who is the cheapest! I feel that I could give you a run for your money!
I fabbed up a plywood bracket as a template and my neighbor, who is a metal worker actually cut it out of a piece of aluminum plate. Looks darn nice. I will be painting it. For the back I bent a piece of 1/4" flat strap to fit. I think I am good to go now!
I must be about the only one using this late 80's stock bracket set up. I offered a template to anyone that wanted and had no takers...
Cal

-
Back