Attempting to find header gaskets.

-

73Dart340Sport

73dart340
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Good morning. Would anyone have a reference or a source for header gaskets for old cast iron W2 heads? I would like to try to keep the heads because they still work. However finding header gaskets is difficult. They are slightly rounder than the race head W2 gaskets on the Hughes and Mancini websites.

DDB2816B-2396-484B-9070-1ABDFCF791AD.jpeg

76491390-2B18-4BAF-A8CE-BAC2A31ABB63.jpeg

Interesting. Solution. I’ll look for videos on using it. I’ve never talked to anyone who has used it before, but I heard of people using and swearing by it.

With a sheet of heat resistant gasket material & a small hammer, you can make yourself a set of perfect fitting gaskets. I've done it in the past & used the high temp RTV with the gaskets & they last a long time. Just a suggestion for you.

I have a few Mopar W2 exhaust gaskets if you're interested.
I just saw this. Sorry. What di you have. I have the D-port
With a sheet of heat resistant gasket material & a small hammer, you can make yourself a set of perfect fitting gaskets. I've done it in the past & used the high temp RTV with the gaskets & they last a long time. Just a suggestion for you.[/
With a sheet of heat resistant gasket material & a small hammer, you can make yourself a set of perfect fitting gaskets. I've done it in the past & used the high temp RTV with the gaskets & they last a long time. Just a suggestion for you.
Demonracer, how would you do that?

I’m not a fabricator but in todays world getting Mopar parts is requiring extreme measures. A sheet of copper and an old header gasket as a template? How would you cut the D shaped holes? What would be a good gasket material. The old gaskets look to be some type of sandwiched copper.

Good morning. Would anyone have a reference or a source for header gaskets for old cast iron W2 heads? I would like to try to keep the heads because they still work. However finding header gaskets is difficult. They are slightly rounder than the race head W2 gaskets on the Hughes and Mancini websites.

View attachment 1715829610

View attachment 1715829611

View attachment 1715829610

View attachment 1715829611
I have a few sets of Mopar ones around here have to look

-
Back