Audio amp installation

-

Shane

Reaction score
Hey,

what does the freqency knob on an aftermarket amp do to the sound?

It has numbers on both side of zero (12:00) , how should I adjust them?

usually there is like 50 hz 80 hz and 120 hz. it allows only that frequency to pass i believe. so a 50 hz gives a deeper sounds while a 120 gives a higher sound. its more for bass i think

that is probably a crossover point. Does it also have a small switch that says LP (Low Pass) Full, and HP (high pass) on it? IF the switch is set to full, that frequency knob does nothing. If you are running a sub with the amp, set it to low pass, and then set the frequency knob to around 120. The low pass means it will only pass the low frequencies. the frequency knob set to 120 means it will only pass 120 hz and lower. High pass, would be for running everything else but the sub, or maybe just some tweets.

Yea I am running it on full for my back 6x9's. So I dont have to worry about that knob. Thanks!

If I Decided to add an amp and sub, I will set it to low, and put it around the 120...

Thanks!

Shane

Hi Shane
If you could tell is the make and model of your amp, I'll bet you could get an exact answer.

It may be a like parametric EQ that emphasizes the frequency at which it`s set while attenuating the remaining frequencies. Adjust the knob to a point that suits your ears.

-
Back