Aussie 62 Valiant

-
The other part of the project that's being worked on at the moment is the front seat belt mounts. They are being sunk into the B pillar as much as possible.
This is just a mock up on a spare pillar I bought. Better to find it won't work on this than on the car!
Once the mounts are finished and approved by the engineer a fibreglass cover will be made to cover the bottom half of the pillar so the reel can't be seen.

View attachment 034.jpg

Rienforcing plate to mount the reel and lower belt attachment point

View attachment 027.jpg

View attachment 030.jpg

a flat plate 8" long with captive nut for top mount will be fitted then the outer skin will be reattached

View attachment 036.jpg

Looking really good, lots of fabrication going on just wish I did not have to work on the kids cars or baby sit the grand :banghead:kids 5 days a week

Seeing all this great fabration work is remarkable :cheers:
Thank you for taking the time to share your work Marty.
I looked threw this thread for the first time this morning with my coffee WOW!! I am amazed at watching this build :tongue9::cheers:

I thought I mite show off my NOS parts collection!

As I'm only going to have external handles on the front doors I purchased a pair of NOS handles

View attachment 1.jpg

A pair of 1962 head light doors, these will be painted like the 1961 were

View attachment 2.jpg

Right hand front guard mould, this was removed from it's packet for the first time in 50 years for ebay photo!

View attachment 3.jpg

Complete NOS front indicators inc. lenses and chrome bezels

View attachment 4.jpg

Front door locks

View attachment 6.jpg

NOS Tail fin moulds

View attachment 7.jpg

NOS boot latch and lock

View attachment 8.jpg

Nos factory back up lights

View attachment 10.jpg

Reproduction tail lights

View attachment 11.jpg

NOS Bonnet stops, note the part number and Pentastar

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 344
Not for 61-62, I fitted a factory recess from a 68 Barracuda, post #38. These are made for Barracuda/Charger etc, but they make an adaptor for non factory flip cap cars.

Finally getting back to my project after many months working on Bruce's boys Statesman's audio system. As it's a GM product, if it was an American car it would be a Caddilac.

As the engine is being centred I had to cut the crossmember and remake the arch. It's 50mm x 25mm with a 3mm wall so is far stronger than stock.

View attachment 6.jpg

View attachment 7.jpg

As I'm fitting a full twin exhaust system I needed to modify the crossmember on the right to make room.

View attachment 3.jpg

The box section becomes it's own cruch tube, while the far left tube was moved to suit the new mount position.

View attachment 5.jpg

I had to fabricate a new mount from 3mm plate.

View attachment 1.jpg

View attachment 4.jpg

View attachment 2.jpg

I've decided to extend the under side to be 20mm deeper so the mounting bolts and the safety tab are covered, it never ends!

This is the GM tunnel inplace with it's factory shifter and modified hand brake (E brake)

View attachment 8.jpg

VT Commodore (Aussie GM) trans tunnel trimmed to fit the S series floor

View attachment 4.jpg

seat mount reinforcings tacked in place....3mm plate as the seats have the belt anchor points on them so the floor has to be able to take the load in an accident

View attachment 5.jpg

seat mounts tacked to the reinforceing

View attachment 6.jpg

seats inplace with the back half of the VT console....a full custom console should be made over Christmas

View attachment 2.jpg

I've been too busy working on the house to get much done on the S, but I've been buying a few more NOS parts....another stainless side trim, all 4 door latches and a pair on tail light lenes, super rear! After building a new sub box/amp rack for the wifes drive car I thought I'd build a prototype box for the S....I'm going to be chasing sponcorship for a sound system for this car and want to have something to show the direction of the install....I'll mockup the front stage at a later date

the start of the box

View attachment 9.jpg

fabric stapled into place to form the facia that will be seen through the armrest opening

View attachment 6.jpg

fabric coated in resin....the final unit will have this covered in carbon fibre

View attachment 3.jpg

subs in place...these are just for mockup and will be replaced with higher quality units

View attachment 4.jpg

sub box inplace...subs are lit with two LED bars behind the seat

View attachment 5.jpg

View attachment 8.jpg

box from behind....it's over sized just to test the maximum capasity available as I'm not sure what subs are being used...most modern subs can work in smaller enclosures

View attachment 7.jpg

I place an add in the wanted section of the forum but thought I may get a responce form this page!

I looking for a high res copy of a build sheet for a 62 Valiant....I will then modify it so it reads like all the mods to this car were factory options

Just a bit of sillyness to have with the car at shows

thanks, Marty

-
Back