Aussie / Brazilian / Mexican A-Bodies on here?

-

72_Durstya

Reaction score
Now I know we have a few Aussie cars on here. Any Brazilian or Mexican cars too?Since I first seen them I've always thought that those three particular countries versions of these cars are very interesting, from the late 70's Chargers that look like late 60's Darts with added roof lines to the Roadrunners that are half Duster half Dart Sport and so on.

Just thought that we dont have enough members on here with these types of cars, and maybe we should have a section in the Forums for these cars in particular! What does everyone else think?

Upload more pics of Aussie/ Brazilian/ Mexican cars if you own em or found som on the net.

brazchrgr.jpg

I know theres a few Brazilian cars about. Dont think theres any Mexican a bodies here though.

That 79 Charger R/T's nose looks a little like a Pontiac. Also, that white vert looks like it has Ford Torino like wheels on it

I like the blue 79 Charger R/T. Side rear window louvers. Black out efect. I like the rally wheels with the center hub caps. Nice strobe stripe on the white car. Thanks for posting. I'll keep checking in to see what else shows up. Any idea who to contact in Mexico to obtain any of the parts on one of their style of cars?

My friends, I live in the south border of Brazil and I have lots of pics. from our local A-body Mopars...
I'm putting some for you guys here; okay ??
First, this is my pride & joy, our 1979 Dodge Dart Coupé De Luxo, very similar to your last 1976 Dart, it has all the possible factory options like the 318 2 bbl. V8,P/S, P/B, A/C, a TorqueFlite Lock Up transmission and so on. Bought almost new from my wife's family, it was her first automobile,and stayed for almost twenty years on her garage. it was sold to a local car museum collection and we managed to buy it back last year from a public auction, now it rests in our new home and will stay with us forever...

dartrebocandoimperialiish6.jpg

1001900h.jpg

1001913i.jpg

1002371y.jpg

dart02.jpg

Now it looks like these...

1003490.jpg

1003491.jpg

1003495.jpg

1002458x.jpg

1002439.jpg

1003492h.jpg

1002882b.jpg

Next step: our brazilian A-body history !!

When Chrysler decided to buy our local Simca factory, here's the car they were producing at that time:

027iuy.jpg

It was called "Esplanada" and was based on the fifties french Simca Chambord.
After a couple of years they decided to make the A-body Dart, but exact the same model the U.S. had back in 1969, first in the 4-door sedan model:

fabrica8.jpg

fabrica6.jpg

fabrica13.jpg

Here's a local friend's 1970 Dodge Dart, all original inside & out, with very low mileage, and a perfect example on how these Darts were first produced:

bc006.jpg

bc009.jpg

bc016.jpg

bc018.jpg

bc034.jpg

bc033.jpg

bc025.jpg

bc032.jpg

1002831.jpg

And here's me, between the two Darts, the green one showing the first gen and our brown almost ten years later sporting the last one:

1002834.jpg

-
Back