Austin, TX Mopar yard closing

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
so has anyone contacted them-- or is this like the tx acres deal to drum up business?Lawrence

No he is really closing and selling the land too! Our Mopar club went out there this past Saturday to see what we could find. The crusher is coming and there are some things left for A body cars, not a whole lot but some. Expect to pay though as he is not giving this stuff away! I did see two rear glass for early Barracuda 64-66 and some other stuff, like a 68 Barracuda trunk lid, but like I said he is not wheeling and dealing! Lots of pulled parts too in a huge warehouse, so just send them an email! It's Dr. Mopar just google!

even though his cl ad says save-- he still is asking big $$??,
The pictures show a ton of stuff that is $$ to ship & not in big demand.

His facebook showed new arrivals in oct12 so did this come up all of a sudden?

Wished I was closer--- the 62 valiant might have some decent parts on it as the 68 dart ,Lawrence

so has anyone contacted them-- or is this like the tx acres deal to drum up business?Lawrence

This has been going on almost three years.

His website from 2010 below.

http://www.planetofjunk.com/drmopar/

They will be CRUSHING all mopars in their inventory 08-09-2010

"Attention: We will be closing out and crushing our inventory September 2010, If you need any parts be sure to e-mail us soon. Thanks to all our loyal customers who have supported us for the last 15 years and who helped keep the Mopar hobby alive! It's been a great ride. "

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=109917&highlight=drmopar440%40aol.com

Holy Crap!! Dr Mopar's closing and crushing next month! 08-20-2010

"The owners are good friends and members of our Austin club and they say they can't comply with state regs :bs:, so they are going to close and crush everything they have."

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=111243&[email protected]

the Guardian of FABO has spoken, thanks for the refresh. Lawrence

Yeah, if this guy starts yanking people's chains...you know what kind of ***-hat he is.

Wonder if he took a page out of all those "Persian" rug dealers play book? Every month is a "Going out of Business" month.

Yes He has closed more than once....Different locations.
This is the real deal he is closing and yes he ain't dealing....

Yeah, if this guy starts yanking people's chains...you know what kind of ***-hat he is.

Wonder if he took a page out of all those "Persian" rug dealers play book? Every month is a "Going out of Business" month.

He could always do what the israelis did in the movie You don't mess with the Zohan and change the name to Going Out of Business.

then close already.

A professional business man friend of mine once told me he made the most money with the grand opening and the going out of business sales. He was really sucessfull at it and had new inventory arriving daily. He has retired now and owns a huge amount of real estate here in Stillwater including the shopping center that adjoins Walmart. He now lives in Florida living the high life.

I always find it interesting that someone asks big bucks for something they will crush and sell for pennies. Who are they helping?

I always find it interesting that someone asks big bucks for something they will crush and sell for pennies. Who are they helping?

I'm with you on the backwards logic of people like this. I mean isn't taking 50-75 peecent less than normal asking price better than being a petty *** and taking a 95 percent hit.

smells like a turd, looks like a turd,...must be a turd. ditto on "going out of business" ever other month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back