Austrailian ute in Nova Scotia ? A FABO member ??

-

grassy

Reaction score
Folks,

Went to the "Crusin' the Dub" in Dartmouth today. Wasn't sure what to expect.We left early so I don't know how many cars were there today but their high has been over 1700 cars (or so I am told) 2 or 3 years ago which make you think that this rivals the Atlantic Nationals ... it is a very laid back show that seems to start just after noon with many cars arriving from 4;30 on.. Wish I had a camera but the daughter had it today but we did use my son's 'phone..

it was very laid back...everybody that we talked to were very friendly and saw lots of mopars today ..

I saw a very plain jane dart hybrid ...part car..part truck like a ranchero or Australian ute ...it has a flip top gas cap like what is sold here so maybe the owner is a member ?

2 pics..

20130815_143718-XL.jpg

20130815_143710-XL.jpg

Is this a member's car ?

I think he is a member here, just doesn't visit often. He goes by SandyinNS on Moparts. Not sure if that's his car, but he does own an Aussie Ute. They are cool!

JD,

It was like no car I have ever seen here and I am an old bird. It was the flip top gas cap that made me think he was a FABO member. there wasn't anyone around the car when we were there but that could be said for mine as well.

dartman, My son and I argues this and our best is is that we don't know. It was kind of odd. I am going to ask how many registered after the dust settles. I'll posy it but someone said attendance has been down and last year, both dates were rained out.

The a&w parking lot was full. The cars spilled out on to the grass and into parking lots used by commuters ? that surrounded the area. As the people leave with their normal cars, their spots were replaced by the cool cars. How ofter do you see an Avanti ?

My son was introduced to 2 new types of cars...the lead sled and gassers which he thought quite funny.

We are heading to a rockabilly car show this weekend and met several of the folks showing at this weekend. I will be taking a camera.

Just as an aside, the guy that is putting on this weekend is restoring my friends '70 GTX.

Grassy

Here's a link to his old for sale ad for his ute, don't know if it ever sold: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1192511#post1192511

A tad high for this area and as I discovered when sell a very rare car ..that we live in a very geographical undesirable location...translation...we live too far for the market it would sell in..that shipping cost would put it over what it would be worth...

At the show, no one was around it..too bad..

Crumbs, I would toss the new chally and drive this again...those are a dime a dozen around here..

ian.

I hear ya on the geography, but just imagine what it cost to ship it here from Australia! O.O

I had a friend who brought his VH from Nz...he rented a part of a shipping container...I cannot remember where it landed but it was to a north eastern port and it was less that what I had paid to ship mine from Alberta..

It is really cheap to ship by water vs truck or train..

-
Back