Auto Column Shift in a 63 Valiant????

-

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
Has anyone made this conversion, and ifo so how difficult was it? I found a column out of a 66 dart and the linkages as well. Im guessing things need to be notched in the firewall and holes drill in the frame?? Any input or pick would be great!!

Thanks

Jake

I haven't done said conversion but you are on the right track using the 66 column and associated parts. The column will be a bolt in; hopefully the transmission will have all the right notches/holes/contours to install the cross link.

Last edited:
I have done said conversion but you are on the right track using the 66 column and associated parts. The column will be a bolt in; hopefully the transmission will have all the right notches/holes/contours to install the cross link.

Thanks! I forgot to mention this was with a 360 magnum, and now i thought someone said those manifolds would be an issue but cant seem to find it anywhere...

The column won' t quite be a drop-in; you'll almost certainly have to swap the '63 column-to-firewall plate onto the '66 column, because the '66 plate is different in incompatible ways. But that's not too difficult; it just requires a bit of disassembly and reassembly. Other than that, you're on the right track.

The column won' t quite be a drop-in; you'll almost certainly have to swap the '63 column-to-firewall plate onto the '66 column, because the '66 plate is different in incompatible ways.

Oops! Yep forgot about the floor plate. Thank for the reminder!

The column won' t quite be a drop-in; you'll almost certainly have to swap the '63 column-to-firewall plate onto the '66 column, because the '66 plate is different in incompatible ways. But that's not too difficult; it just requires a bit of disassembly and reassembly. Other than that, you're on the right track.

Thanks for help dan! I didnt really notice the difference but ill have a look tonight.

Jake

-
Back