Auto to Manual Pedal conversion

-

Wagon of Death

Aussie Barracuda Fisherman
Reaction score
I have a 68 Barracuda currently running auto...Looking at trying to fit a hydraulic clutch set up in it...Ive looked at the service manual but its not super clear for my model...does the clutch pedal slip into the same box as the brake pedal or do I have to change all that? Im an Aussie and it looks way more straight forward on our Valiants

Any advice on this would be appreciated

It'd fit the auto pedal box if you wanted to swap only the pedals themselves. I done it the hard way and changed everything though (never again)

I have a 68 Barracuda currently running auto...Looking at trying to fit a hydraulic clutch set up in it...Ive looked at the service manual but its not super clear for my model...does the clutch pedal slip into the same box as the brake pedal or do I have to change all that? Im an Aussie and it looks way more straight forward on our Valiants

Any advice on this would be appreciated

I`d think the auto brake pedal would be too wide and offset to add a clutch pedal .
If I read this right !

Pedal boxes arent easy to get my hands on here, a long way from Hamtramck...Im probably more interested in the mechanics of adding a clutch pedal to the existing auto pedal box if possible? Is this something that will work or will I be reinventing the wheel?

Pedal boxes arent easy to get my hands on here, a long way from Hamtramck...Im probably more interested in the mechanics of adding a clutch pedal to the existing auto pedal box if possible? Is this something that will work or will I be reinventing the wheel?
it works, all you need is the 4 speed brake and clutch pedal and shaft, I done it with the box still in the car and added spring if needed.

-
Back