Auto trans tailshaft housing?

-

sharpie

workin' stiff
Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of the tailshaft housing of either a 904 or 727 where the z-bar (or whatever it's called on an auto) is retained at the transmission? I am looking to see if I'll need a full housing or just the bracket, or in the worst case scenario, if I'll need to make my own bracket attached elsewhere under the car.

Anyone have pictures of the tailshaft housing of either a 904 or 727 where the z-bar (or whatever it's called on an auto) is retained at the transmission? I am looking to see if I'll need a full housing or just the bracket, or in the worst case scenario, if I'll need to make my own bracket attached elsewhere under the car.

What vehicle are you looking for info on?
also more specific on the part? the z-bar cross shaft is at the front of the bellhousing, the tail shaft is obviously at the rear.

What vehicle are you looking for info on?
also more specific on the part? the z-bar cross shaft is at the front of the bellhousing, the tail shaft is obviously at the rear.

column-shift /6 71 Demon to be brutally specific.

As for the part, it's the vertical piece that takes movement from the arm attached to the console shifter arm and transfers it to the arm attached to the gear lever on the trans. Part #2 in this picture is the 'z-bar' I'm talking about, the bracket holding it to the transmission is the part I'm wondering about.

ABodyFloorGearshiftControlAutomatic.jpg

So--its the same as the diagram?
Thats a console shift.
Column shift is up by the steering wheel. --On the column--.
(insert smartass remark here about the state of education in america)
Sorry. Just an old guy havn some fun at a youngsters expense. Couldn't resist that one. :jocolor:I've already slapt myself silly.:rolleyes:
Actually Congrats on your Graduation I'm sure your glad to have that behind you.

The bracket bolts thru two holes that look like half a set of brass knuckles.
There are several places to buy repros brackets for about 40 bucks.
Easy to make if you have to.
You can still get the plastic bushing thru Mopar or aftermarket places like R/T Specialties.

thanks. I know that's column shift - I am in the process of converting column to console, though I wont be using a console, just the stock shifter/linkage/shifter bracket assemblies.

I checked this evening, the ears are there on the tailshaft. I also bought flat stock (.125 I think) to make my bracket. I just need a bushing now.

-
Back