Auto-Transmission choices?

-

ne57

Reaction score
I know squat about transmissions. I'm looking for real world experiences with the various automatic trans suppliers and what features to look for, and what to avoid.
My specific application is I'm building an old hemi 392, I have the adapter for a small block 727 TF. This will be a torquey motor in a light A body. I think I'd rather buy a ready to go unit than build something or have something modified locally. I'm not so sure I want bang shifts because its primarily a street car, unless bang shifts only happen under full throttle and at cruise they're softer? Like I said, I know squat about trans.

What brand trans do you use, are you happy with it, how does it behave on the street? Some general specs on your motor, and how hard you drive might help me put things in perspective.

Thanks much

A Trans-Go shift kit is really easy to put in. It's a simple do-it-yourself job for getting good shifts and it's a whole lot cheaper than buying a prebuilt 727 ($70 compared to $500). Do a search for shift kits around here. There was just a thread not too long ago talking about the TF-2 kit. I have a TF-2 kit and I'm very happy with it on the street. I think you'll find a lot of other people here who say the same.

Here's the recent Trans-Go thread:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=87741

-
Back