Auto Transport help

-

rtee007

Deplorable Texan
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on transporting a car from MN to TX.
I usually fly and drive, but with 3.90 gears I think it will be more comfortable and economical on a transport truck.
What do you all say........and then I need to figure out how to pay.

Enterprise Auto Transport quotes $900, most others a 1K +. About $600 to fly and drive. Road trip time it looks like.

If it has an 8 3/4 in it, drop a set of 2.76s in it. A $50 third member and an hours time you could be on the road.
Dallas

MOST of those transport guys are REAL pricey .... the last car I picked up was in Chicago ... I bought a good used tow dolly and drove up from FL ....and took it up to NW lower Michigan for LESS than what it would have had to pay them. And I still have the dolly for future use.

If only I were so mechanically inclined!

It's not too hard, even I can do it! Put it on jack stands, drop the driveshaft, remove rear wheels and brake drums, 5 nuts on each side let you pull the axles out a few inches, loosen the nuts on the third member to let it drain the lube, then pull the third member. Clean the housing, put a new gasket on, and start reassembly. Don't forget new lube, and to check the end play on the axles.

See how easy that was? lol (quick reply, so I probably forgot something, so check a manual).
Dallas

It's not too hard, even I can do it! Put it on jack stands, drop the driveshaft, remove rear wheels and brake drums, 5 nuts on each side let you pull the axles out a few inches, loosen the nuts on the third member to let it drain the lube, then pull the third member. Clean the housing, put a new gasket on, and start reassembly. Don't forget new lube, and to check the end play on the axles.

See how easy that was? lol (quick reply, so I probably forgot something, so check a manual).
Dallas

I am sure I could do it at home, just not on the parking lot of Motel 6. Thanks for your advice. At this time I the seller is holding up the sale.....so I will shop for another Dart! Minnesota is a long way to drive anyways. CA probably a better place to search.

-
Back