autobody specialties, who used them?

-

breakstuff

Reaction score
I need to order some sheet metal and these guys got it. Anything negative about them?

Use em all the time, they're a half hour from me,...Closest place to get decent sheet metal and POR 15,....It's kinda nice to have a reputable place close by. I don't know if their stuff is manufactured overseas, or not. I haven't used their metal for my projects yet, but I don't particularly care If I'm putting Chinese sheet metal on a brand X car.

Have been buying from them for many years(great people=great business)

They seem to be good on their prices. I noticed that most if not all the metal is from AMD. I did a little comparing and found that AMD has just a few things a little cheaper than Autobody Specialties. You could possibly use that to your advantage I would think since they are getting it from AMD. I have visited AMD here in Buford, Ga a few times and they have always been really good folks to deal with.

Just a comparison:
Deck Filler Support from Autobody
LOWER CORNER OF THE DECK FILLER.
FITS: 1967-76 DART SWINGER
FITS: 1971-76 PLYMOUTH SCAMP
$34.00

Same part from AMD
$32.95

Not a big savings but a little goes a long way.
Just my two cents.

Michael

They seem to be good on their prices. I noticed that most if not all the metal is from AMD. I did a little comparing and found that AMD has just a few things a little cheaper than Autobody Specialties. You could possibly use that to your advantage I would think since they are getting it from AMD. I have visited AMD here in Buford, Ga a few times and they have always been really good folks to deal with.

Just a comparison:
Deck Filler Support from Autobody
LOWER CORNER OF THE DECK FILLER.
FITS: 1967-76 DART SWINGER
FITS: 1971-76 PLYMOUTH SCAMP
$34.00

Same part from AMD
$32.95

Not a big savings but a little goes a long way.
Just my two cents.

Michael
Believe I spoke to them, Is there stuff US Made???

The wheel well arches I'm getting is stamped in Taiwan. As long as the body lines match up I'll be happy. I'm tubbing the car anyway so I don't have to worry about the inner fenders.

Stuff came today, I'm happy with the quality. Thanks again everyone!

used tehm a couple times, even called about stuff for my 57 and the guy was good enough to track it down and call me back with pricing and such

I buy from them for all my sheet metal needs, great folks to deal with, I only live about an hour away, and have been to their place several times to pick up stuff. They carry AMD, and goodmark

-
Back