automatic floor shifters

-

csx452

Reaction score
I have a 68 Dart GT. It was a 4 speed car which was converted by a previous owner to automatic. It has a 360 with a 904 and a B&M ratchet shifter with reverse manual valve body. I'd like to convert it back to a stock automatic floor shifter as I hate the B&M. Just wondering what year shifters will fit and if a B-body shifter will fit. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Frank

B body shifter assembly is the same as A

The shifter stand and console brakets are different.

So I should just hold out for an A body one then?
I have a slap stick Mopar shifter out of a Charger, been in there since 1983 works fine, You have to weld the brackets to the floor pan, and I had a buddy make a custom console for it, don't have a pic (I'll see if I can get one posted) for it, but untill I had my buddy build me the console, I had it covered in carpet. From what I have seen IF you can find an A body shifter/consule they are very expensive and usually have to be refurbished. good luck, I would probably go with Supershafts recomendation.

I have a slap stick Mopar shifter out of a Charger, been in there since 1983 works fine, You have to weld the brackets to the floor pan, and I had a buddy make a custom console for it, don't have a pic (I'll see if I can get one posted) for it, but untill I had my buddy build me the console, I had it covered in carpet. From what I have seen IF you can find an A body shifter/consule they are very expensive and usually have to be refurbished. good luck, I would probably go with Supershafts recomendation.

Will a slap stick shifter work with a stock automatic console from a 68 or do I need to get a slap stick console?
Thanks,
Frank

Well csx, I can provide you with the entire shifter and console setup if you are looking to go back stock. Included will be all of the brackets, linkage, shifter, console and even the wiring harness if you need that too. Message me if you're interested and I'll send you out a couple pictures of the setup. Thanks, Geof

-
Back