FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
@Joeychgo is there a way to opt out of the automatic renewals for the gold
Memberships?

yes there is -

I had a number of requests for it. Since you can opt out, I didnt see the harm
Cool, cool. As long as I can opt out, I’m happy. Thanks bossman

Cool, cool. As long as I can opt out, I’m happy. Thanks bossman

It's not as easy at you think to opt out...

You have to go to the gear wheel tab at the top, then click on payments tab:

upload_2022-3-1_12-22-33.png

Then click on Manage Automatic Payments....

upload_2022-3-1_12-23-29.png

Then all of your automatic payments will be listed...

I suggest you all check this because there were two other businesses that 'attached' automatic payments to my account that I did not authorize...

I spoke with Paypal rep about this and they said that the merchants can do that without you knowing... I brought up that it is not right that they can attach automatic payment to my account when I'm doing a one-time payment without me knowing... Then I got the 'corporate bs' that they 'are not responsible for that as it is the vendor that is doing that'... I told her that they are responsible by letting merchants attach auto pay through a back door without us even knowing... Then the typical bs excuses to try to minimize their responsibility...

I told her that they should notify us when a merchant attaches an autopay to our account, or have a setting where we can block that from happening in the first place... A button to click on to not allow autopay on our accounts in the first place...

They said that they will get back to me... (Sure they will... :rolleyes:) :bs_flag:

At least Joey states the autopay before you click on the authorize button, those others did not...

-
Back