average narrowed 8.75 length

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
whats the average narrowed length of a 8.75 you cut for a Dart thats mini tubbed and springs relocated?

Rear wheels:
18x9
275/45/18
27.8"

with that being said... Do i need to move my rear back 1" to get those to fit?

The way we always set up for rear end placement i nthe willys hot rods was to place the wheels/tires in place under the wheelwells,exactly were they go,front to rear,side to side,etc,proper ride height.Then is a simple measure ment from wheel to wheel.At that point,you call moser engineering with your measurements,and they will tell you housing length,axel length,etc.good luck! ps.I found a much cheaper billet master cylinder,thats looks as good as the last one i showed you.its $119.00,and would look awsome in a shiny black engine compartment.the company is www.yearwood.com they sale street rod,and hot rod parts and accesories.they also have the polished billet aluminum hose and line clamps for the fuel and brake hoses!See ya!

Shouldn't have to move the rear back any at 27.8" height. If the rear is still in the car, take some measurements from the axle center to wheelwell.

That said.. always mock it up before welding it in.

I would think with a low profile tire like that at 27.8 inches you wouldn`t need to move the differential back ,but if you ever plan to run slicks (of any real size) on the car then you might make provisions for it now.

the problem I have is:

When I place my wheels under there where I want them and measure it... and give it to Dr. diff.... will he know to add my brakes to the measurement? B/c wheel to wheel will not be the exact measurement w/the drum brakes added to it right?

JAson

I think you`ll have to provide perch width, backing plate to backing plate width, and center to backing plate width. Outside of that would be up to you. Call the shop you plan to have do the work and see what they require. It`s always best to give more information than required versus not enough.

I have a 10.5w 31 slick under my duster, tubed to the stock frame rail, with stock rear end width. 10 inch wheels with 6.5 back spacing

-
Back