Average Price Bumper replating....

-

Tacfire11

Strike Hard, Strike Deep
Reaction score
I'm looking to get my Front and Rear bumpers redone (68' Dart W/bumper guards). They are beat up (dented, creased, and rusted) but not a loss cause yet. The recommended plater in the Philadelphia area is Frankford Plating, and they quoted me $1,000.00 Dollar for a "SHOW CHROME" with all imperfections corrected.

Thanks....

try djm, or dmj off torresdale, right behind holemsburg prision inthe industial park, they were good quality parts I had done there, about 6 years ago, and had a lower price, and less turnaround time then torresdale.

I went with them for the turnaround time, and thier product was 1st class.

the bumper boys did my other chrome work, and i was not happy AT ALL with thier work.... cheaper, yes, quality?? NO WAY...

I hear alot of good things about tri-city plating, but dont like to mail my stuff off...

I had the bumpers reworked by Tri-City on the wife's Swinger. NOTHING SHORT OF FABULOUS. At some point in its life it had gotten a trailer hitch bolted onto the back. I thought that I had clearly conveyed to them to weld up the holes, but something went awry and when I got them back the holes were still there. I called them up, explained the situation, and returned the back bumper to them. The redid it at no cost whatsoever, apologized for the error, and shipped it back post-haste. No muss, no fuss. Couldn't give them a higher recommendation. A buddy with an award winning '57 Bel Air turned me on to them. They do hit some car shows so you can just drop them off if you prefer - just call or hit their website to find out where they're going to be. Not much more expensive than bumper boyz either.

Ray

you might get lucky and find some bumpers down at Totally Auto on Street Road in Feasterville. They might be able to help you with some driver quality parts if yours are real bad. I haven't had much luck with them on their website, but if you stop down you can at least check out all the Mopars they have thru the fence!

Thanks....

I'm calling Frankford tomorrow and asking them to explain their levels, what other options are available besides show chrome. I mean, at this rate I'll pay for the Bumpers what I paid for the whole car :(

I had both my bumpers redone by bumper boyz 2 yrs ago, I had to have the rear redone because of a dirty thumb print where the crome didn't stick. The front bumper is now starting to peel. I wouldn't recommend using bumper boyz to chrome anything. At 300.00 a bumper you can find someone local you can depend on.

Try Hanlan Plating in Richmond, Va.. I had mine (a little smaller 68 B`cuda)straightened and plated for $240.00 each and it took about 3 weeks. Of course each car/bumper will be different, while I was there a man came in with a frt. bumper from a `60 Caddy and it was estimated from $750- 1000 just for that bumper. It may be worth a phone call though.

Another good source for replating chrome bumpers ...

Tri-City Plating in Tennessee...always at Carlisle, other big swap meets...

They do outstanding work! I had my 1971 Duster 340 front bumper reworked by Tri- City...$260, and almost a show quality finish!

Do a Google search, and you will not be disappointed!

I had the bumpers done for my Scamp at Tri-City plating they do great work!

I have heard nothing but bad things about the Bumper Boyz work,looking at both at Carlisle the Bumper Boyz finish isn't even close to Tri-City!

-
Back