Average price for new gears 7.25?

-

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade to a 3.55 from 3.23 on my stock 63 Valiant 7.25 and found a set for 220$. How much should it cost to have this put in? Is it recommended to attempt putting this in myself?

Thanks!

Jake

The FSM for your car will explain it very well. If you can read a micrometer and use a ratchet, you can do the job.

Is your 3.23 wore out? Or are you looking for more performance? If the original rear is hanging in there, I personally can't see putting the $$$ into that 7.25. Performance wise, drop your rear tire diameter one inch and you'll never know the difference. :)

Looking to upgrade to a 3.55 from 3.23 on my stock 63 Valiant 7.25 and found a set for 220$. How much should it cost to have this put in? Is it recommended to attempt putting this in myself?

Thanks!

Jake

The difference would be so minimal, you probably won't notice much. Personally I wouldn't bother, but it's yer money.

Now if you were talking a larger spread, say to 4.10's or something then you would notice a big difference.

Is your 3.23 wore out? Or are you looking for more performance? If the original rear is hanging in there, I personally can't see putting the $$$ into that 7.25. Performance wise, drop your rear tire diameter one inch and you'll never know the difference. :)

This would be a much better option for you. ^^

You got some good advice.
1. 3.23 to 3.55 not much of a change, so not worth spending a lot of money on it.
2. 7.25 rear end probably not worth spending much money on.
3. Smaller rear tires would result in same 'gear' reduction.

That being said, if you wanted to switch to an 8.75 with 3.55 gears, that would be worthwhile if you have performance upgrades in mind.

1. 3.23 to 3.55 not much of a change, so not worth spending a lot of money on it.

That being said, if you wanted to switch to an 8.75 with 3.55 gears, that would be worthwhile if you have performance upgrades in mind.
Put the 220 towards an 8 3/4 , upgrading the 7.25 is a waste of money , like said above .

The FSM for your car will explain it very well. If you can read a micrometer and use a ratchet, you can do the job.

Please tell me you have a backup axle.. :violent1:

The difference would be so minimal, you probably won't notice much. Personally I wouldn't bother, but it's yer money.

Now if you were talking a larger spread, say to 4.10's or something then you would notice a big difference.

This would be a much better option for you. ^^

Put the 220 towards an 8 3/4 , upgrading the 7.25 is a waste of money , like said above .

Thanks for the feedback, it was suggested to upgrade gears but i figured it might be a waste with the 7.25, if i knew i could get a 8.75 for that same price i would do it but since the transmission i have is a 65 SB push-button i would have to change around a few things and didnt sound to appealing at this point.

Jake

-
Back