Awesome news today.

-

Ottmundr

68 Fastback
Reaction score
The painter at work wants to train me up on painting, and he wants me to train him on carbon fiber/kevlar/fiberglass. He's been a painter for 35 years so I think I'll be learning how to do it right.

Hell yeah! You go boy!

Good for you! Always a good thing to learn a new skill, especially from a seasoned veteran.

First rule: painting well is not really about painting for the most part.
It's all about surface prep and keeping your painting tools free of moisture and debris.
Second rule: If you've got time to lean; you've got time to clean.
If you want to last as a valuable member in any real shop with a veteran painter, continually clean things up.
You'll never run out of work.
Truly an art form worth learning.

The cross training will be a benefit to both of you. Companies these days don't care to see what cross training will do for their bottom line. I worked in the Bell telephone industry until I retired after 22 years. I went to work for a Mom & Pop phone company that was also a CATV provider. At an employee meeting, I brought up the idea of cross training the telephone techs & the cable techs. They went for it & it increased their bottom line because instead of two techs in an area to take care of service calls, there was only one.

Last edited:
-
Back