Axle bearing kit

-

howco4

Reaction score
Anyone used this type of kit? I've have them on order from Jim's Auto Parts. I will be using the stock axles from my 8 3/4 rearend. It looks like a fairly straight forward installation.

Bearing kit  P5249444 (600 x 227).jpg

To my knowledge those are green beairings. Lots of mixed feelings with them.

Most like the stock replacement bearings.

Oh god you ordered from Jim's... Hope they don't rape you on the shipping and handling... get ready for it. Jim's is the one of , if not, the worst mopar vendor out there, IMHO.

I'd cancel the order and buy it from Dr. Diff or some other vendor. They are about $20 less from the Doc last I bought a set.

I hope this works out for you.

That's a green bearing kit as Johnny mentioned.

From what I've heard they are pretty good. I've heard you shouldn't let them sit without lube for too long and they're supposed to be better if your running back wheels with a lot of back space like I have on my mini tubbed duster. A friend of mine recomends 4 tac welds on the ring that holds the bearing in place as he's had a couple move on him (could have something to do with a 970hp hemi)

Thanks for the word on Jim's Auto. I did notice their web site was pretty hit and miss. May bite the bullet this time, as they are already shipped. We'll give this setup a try. Howard

Thanks for the word on Jim's Auto. I did notice their web site was pretty hit and miss. May bite the bullet this time, as they are already shipped. We'll give this setup a try. Howard

If you paid by credit card, you might want to check online to see what total they charged.

I bet they didn't quote you a shipping total either after placing the order.

Hope it works out OK for you.

im getting ready to buy the same bearings for mine and i here there pretty good as for jims i was going to order quarters, floor pan and tail pan from them and they wouldnt give me total on shiping im not buying from them at all and the lady on the phone sonded like she was a trailer queen in trailer park and was really rude

Aw, the lady on the phone. She must be a relative of the boss. She sounded like she was doing me a favor to even talk to me. A lot of their business will move on because of her. (inquired about my order today)

-
Back