Axles resplined

-

71b5duster

Reaction score
I found a junkyard with 12 or 15 old late sixtes dodge trucks with 8 3/4. I'm wanting to get a pair of axles to shorted but before I go though all the trouble of pulling axles out in a junkyard I have some questions. What year should I look for and do all of the trucks certain years all axles I can shorted?

the 8 3/4 that i put in my dart came from 1970 1971 dodge 1/2 2wd truck took it all to moser eng in portland ind and they cut it all down to fit my dart they do the best work u said late 60s

yep, send the axles to Moser for sure. Just put a note with your phone number on it in the box with the axles and tell them what you want done. Most of the time the guy about to do the work will call you before he starts anything. They are the best. Some guys don't agree with the green-bearings they use but I have had them for about 6 years now with no problems. Go with the 3 inch studs and your good to go.

some axles are tapered and cant be cut and resplined on a body dimensions. check ends for taper

That would be nice if one had a suregrip. Surely one of the trucks has a suregrip. I wonder how common a suregrip is in a truck?
We have a local guy that cuts down axles and rearends. He's fairly reasonably $70 to set up ring and pinions and for $499 and he will narrow a truck dana 60 install correct ends and provide you with axles. He uses moser blanks (axles) i think.

-
Back