Axles

-

OiiiiiiO

Reaction score
are 30 spline after market axles good enough for a once in a while racercar? end of last season at a test and tune , i got my *** reamed at tech for not having them while using slicks , although they let me go anyway. he said he wants them changed. it`s a 8 3/4, 489 center section w/4:56 mini spool. i thought chrysler drive lines were bullet proof.

I've got a set of Moser 30 spline in my 8 3/4 thats on my '70 duster,yes they will take abuse and hold up better then stock axles,i launch my car pretty hard and always wondered about the stock axles,when i changed to the Moser,i could see on the stock axles where they were just starting to twist the splines.Moser's are'nt cheap but like anything else they make they're top quality,there are other brands out there but BEWARE they're not the same quality as Moser..you deffinately want to use aftermarket if your using slicks,they're a lot harder on the drivetrain then drag radials which i use and prefer...

i have moser 30 spline and long studs...the guy at moser told me 40 % stronger then stock axles. ive yet to put my axles and new 8 3/4 in but they look sweet. but pricey as 340 said...

-
Back