Azz hole of the month

-
A few years back, I had just passed through a little water on the road. A car pulled in front of me driving slow so I changed lanes and rolled on the throttle. I was doing 35, maybe 40. In almost an instant, the tail of the car went to the right and the front to the left. Later I realized that this was at a crest of a hill and on a curve.
Add a few factors together and stuff like this can happen quickly.
Curve in the road. (Momentary weight transfer)
Crest of a hill. (Suspension loads shifting)
Wet tires.
Sudden acceleration.
I was able to straighten it out without hitting anyone but not everyone is as lucky.
These cars got wrecked moments after they were bought new. The same conditions that existed then still exist today in many cases.
Absolutely, here's an innocent for instance, I was coming home from work, in my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. 4.0 what a sweet ride.... anyway, I simply got off the interstate, a combination of LTs on the back, with a schoolbus type tread, and a light mist of rain caused her to break lose, (the off ramp was a tight 360) almost throwing me over the side into the pit. Counter steering, with proper use of a brake tap and Lil gas pedal got me out of it. Never again will I run a commercial truck profile tire on my car they came with it and I had just got the thing..... especially not in ThunderBay, lol

A few years back, I had just passed through a little water on the road. A car pulled in front of me driving slow so I changed lanes and rolled on the throttle. I was doing 35, maybe 40. In almost an instant, the tail of the car went to the right and the front to the left. Later I realized that this was at a crest of a hill and on a curve.
Add a few factors together and stuff like this can happen quickly.
Curve in the road. (Momentary weight transfer)
Crest of a hill. (Suspension loads shifting)
Wet tires.
Sudden acceleration.
I was able to straighten it out without hitting anyone but not everyone is as lucky.
These cars got wrecked moments after they were bought new. The same conditions that existed then still exist today in many cases.
Videos like in the original post just prove your point.

It's an old school car in a traction control world, and let's face it, a mild build these days would be a bad somebish twenty plus years ago.

Being either too poor or too busy to fix my crap has its upsides :lol:

I can actually had a gripe for this it has nothing to do with anyone of us I see soccer moms or people from out of state, with their 20 inch rims, four-wheel disc brake, SUVs, when the roads are soaking wet, from a monsoon, and in rainy season, they just come right out of nowhere, cut right in front of you, and hit the brakes and stuff like that......

Classic case of the car exceeding the driver's skills.

-
Back