B body 8 3/4 into a body

-

Aj408

Reaction score
I'm looking to build my reared in my 72 demon aftermarket axles full spool bearings, everything. Well there is one for sale but its out of a 66 cornet. Also plan to relocate the leaf springs as well at the same time. My question is will this rearend go into my car without major problems? I have a set of 17/8 bullets from a Ford mustang. Any help you all can give me would be great. Thanks Aj.

That may work out good, I'm not sure of the backspacing on the Bullit wheels, but I'm sure it's alot. I have a '68 B body rear in my '68 Dart which added about 2" in width (drum to drum). I ended up using a 15x8 wheel with 6 1/2" backspacing which is just about perfect for my car.
The '66 and '67 B body rears are a fraction narrower than the 68-70 according to some charts (drum to drum). I don't see any issues with your combo.

Mine is a 65 b-body Coronet rear in my 72 Duster and it gives a little extra back spacing to work with. All you need to do is move the perches in, 1/2" on both sides but it sounds like you may be going in further if you relocate the springs. Stock A body would be 43" on center.

Thanks guys. Well I guess its a go. When I get it in and get it all together I will post some pics.

my 66 b rear in my coronet was 2.5 inches wider total than my a rear out of my swinger.

-
Back