B body 8 3/4 ?

-

Lycandart

Reaction score
Alright I got a B body 8 3/4 that i am going to put in my 67 Dart.My ? is what is the best way to "center it" to tack the spring perches in?Would you use a plum bob or ? And what is the recommended wheel B/S for this application?

What is the distance between the center of the perches on your new rear? The distance they need to be moved can be calculated, as A-Body's need them 43" apart.

I installed a 1967 B-body 8 3/4" rear in my 68 valiant I just moved the perches in 1/2" on either side to go from 44" centers to A-body 43" center.I swapped from a 7 1/4" so I had to shorten the driveshaft & depending on which yoke/carrier housing you have you may need to change the u-joint.I originally ran stock type BBP 14" wheels with no clearance issues.I then installed 15x7" BBP rims with 4 1/4" BS & 235/60R15 which I did have to roll the outer fender lips a little, also with people in the back seat or weight in the trunk I had some rubbing up higher on the inner outer fender.I now have installed 17x8" Mustang Bullit wheels with 5.72" BS & they fit perfectly.I also installed new Firm Feel road course/perf street leaf springs which had taken care of the rubbing with the 15x7" wheels.I have some pics of both the 15" & 17" here:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=38777

-
Back