b body earth strap location?

-

uk dart

Reaction score
Hi fellas, I have a 68 Plymouth roadrunner with the standard 383 motor, what I want to know is there is a small earth strap supposed to be connected from the back of the engine inlet manifold area to the bulkhead but I don't know it's correct positioning, I already have the new year one earth strap, any one know or send us a link with the info would be great, thanks in advance, Richard.

Yes. I'm not sure for your exact year and model but I have seen them off of the valley pan rail bolts or the passenger rear unused head hole on the manifold mating surface. Depending on the size of the eye hole in your strap it will tell you which location to use as one is 1/4" and the other 3/8".

Thanks mgunner, the strap I have has a 1/4 at one end and 3/8"" at the other, but could do with knowing where it supposed to mount on the bulkhead, ? Cheers Richard,

The one on my 69' bee is attached to passenger side rear intake manifold bolt and straight up on the firewall just below the weld flange to the left of the ballast resistor. The 1/4" end goes to the firewall.

The end with the star washer built in should use a 1/4" self tapping screw on the firewall. The star is so you can get good connection through the paint. I would clean off the pant from the surface around that bolt hole on the head behind the intake and use a short 3/8 bolt with a star washer if you have one.

that's great fellas thanks, can always rely on this forum for the answers. cheers Richard.

-
Back