B- Body Hi Po Manifolds In A C-body?

-

WONTGETDUSTED

CRACKED-OUT MOPAR TECH JUNKY
Reaction score
I'm Going To Swap In My Cam And Intake On The 440 I Have For My Duster...does Anybody Know If B-body Exhaust Manifolds Will Fit A C-body? I Want To Have Everything Together So When I Get Ready All I Have To Do Is Pull The Motor Clean It Up A Bit And Go In With It....

No, I Will Be Using The 440 In My Duster. I Just Thought That I Could Have Everything I Want/need Already Bolted On The Motor Before I Pull It Out Of The 70 New Yorker For The Swap. I Know I Can Bolt My Intake On, Put The Cam In And Break It In, But I Dont Know If The B - Body Hipo Manifolds Will Fit On A 440 C-body I Assume They Dont Or Chrysler Would Not Have Made A Specific Set Of Manifolds For He C-body. I Just Thought Maybe At Somebody At Some Point Had Tried It. But If Not This Will Simply Be One More Odd *** Question I Will Be Able To Answer....

a duster is an a body. youre losing me on the c body part.

ok , the motor is currantly in the new yorker c-body and runs and drives. i plan on pulling the motor and putting it in my duster.but till i am finished with the body work on the duster. i figured i would put the new cam in the motor and bolt on the intake and other misc stuff. the reason why i was wandering about the manifolds is because the b-body hipo manifolds are good to use in a big block a body(my duster) so i figure if i can go ahead and have them bolted on before i do the swap. but i dont know if they will fit in the c-body the motor is currently in. if so then i will bolt them and all the other stuff on and then when i pull the motor from the c-body to put it in the a-body all i will half to do is clean the motor up a little and put it in the duster...

ok that makes sense now. i know the drivers side manifold is different. i THINK that the b body drivers side dumps farther back then the c body. i can post pics tomorrow. i have both in my shop

here they are. the left is the c body, the middle is the b body, and the right is a passenger side.

P8060001.JPG

Hmmm.... Looks Like The C-body Might Work On A A-body Also Since Its Smaller Towards Where The Steering Shaft Would Be ....i Wander If Anyone Has Tryed And Posted Results.......but I Wander If The B-bodys Will Hit The Steering Shaft On The C-body? Guess We Will Find Out...

-
Back