B Body question.

-

Madmikeee

Stud Disguised as a geek
Reaction score
Posted this over in the B Body forum but haven't gotten any responses.

I am looking for production numbers for my buddy. He has a 70 Roadrunner he is about done restoring. Unfortunately The prior owner removed the fender tag and lost it, No build or broadcast sheet found so that leaves him with a lot of questions that cannot be answered.

1 question. Is there ANY way to track down information to have a new fender tag created using just the VIN? The whole car is numbers matching and the options are all factory.

Vin decode shows "
Vehicle Identification Number: RM23N0A229720
Vehicle Model: Belvedere/Satellite
Vehicle Class: Medium Price Class (Road Runner, Road Runner Super Bird)
Vehicle Body Style: 2 Door Hardtop
Vehicle Engine: 383 CID/330 HP or 335 HP 4 BBL V8
Vehicle Year: 1970
Vehicle Assembly Plant: Lynch Road, MI, USA
Assembly Sequence Number: 229720

Options and info from just looking and they all appear to be factory.
Originally white with Blue interior looks like it was a deluxe interior as well from what we could see of the remnants of the interior before re-doing it LOL
Bench seat
Column shift auto
power windows
power locks
power disc brakes
power steering
A/C

This was a pretty highly optioned car especially for a bench seat car.

Is there any way to gather the proper info? Number of cars made optioned like this? etc?

Thanks in advance!!

Here is a glamor shot of her on her way home from my buddies workplace where he painted it.

rr1.jpg

doesn't Chrysler historical offer some IBM card info?? I never have used such, but seems like I have seen it mentioned.

I've seen people send info to "xxxxx" and have a fender tag repoped. they just guess at the info. not very nice thing to do.

the guy has already changed its factory "birth" so I would not worry about it too much if me.

You won't find actual production broken down to the options. You may get a number on the base model and some percentages related to the options. No real hard number on number of cars.

I wouldn't waste the time or money with GG...

With power windows your friend should consider one of my PW relay kits. Makes the window motors work much better than the factory set up and takes the load off the expensive switches. Just a heads up.

doesn't Chrysler historical offer some IBM card info?? I never have used such, but seems like I have seen it mentioned.

I've seen people send info to "xxxxx" and have a fender tag repoped. they just guess at the info. not very nice thing to do.

the guy has already changed its factory "birth" so I would not worry about it too much if me.

Oh he is not concerned about dubbing it as all original because he has made a few changes, IE the color (Dunno if you noticed :) ) He was just wanting the information for his personal knowledge.

Thanks !!

-
Back