B&M 2400 HOLESHOT Converter

-

Spoonie

Reaction score
I'm lookin @ a 2400 holeshot #10415 and SFI ex balance FP for my 360, 727, 67 dart with mild cam 650 Holley, rpm intake, headers and a 3.55 gear.
My question is anyone using this converter? setup?
Thoughts? reviews?
thx mike

I used the Holeshot converter many years ago and it took years of abuse from me. It was still working fine when I sold the trans/converter. As I recall, it flashed to about 2200 rpm behind a mild 400 SBC.

I prefer Hughes, but heard good and bad things about B&M TQ's.

As for their other products... I'm staying away.

For example B&M shifters are the biggest pieces of $h!t. I had one that broke and I replaced it with another one and I hate it as it keeps locking up on me... I have a Hurst one that is going to replace it soon.

In 1976 I bought one and put it in a 63 Belvedere with a 440 & 727 from a 69 Charger. Not much if any different than the stock one I removed.Ok if you need a replacement, but if up- grade from stock I say nay.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, because usually, the answer to these type of question is "stay away from 'one size fits all' off the shelf units"

I had PTC build me a torque converter for my car (and they asked for a TON of specs) for about $500.00 shipped

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, because usually, the answer to these type of question is "stay away from 'one size fits all' off the shelf units"

I had PTC build me a torque converter for my car (and they asked for a TON of specs) for about $500.00 shipped

This ^^^^^^^

thx.
lotsa good advice.
prob gonna go with a 3000 tci or hughes.
thank you!

X2 on this sentence. Go with a converter supplier that asks you everything about your car. Engine specs, tire size, axle ratio, end useage etc. If they don't ask these questions, RUN, don't walk away from them.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, a properly applied high stall is a wonderful performance addition, improperly applied you've just thrown your money down the toilet. Good converter suppliers (builders) will ask you all the right questions to GET YOU the converter for your application.

^This is the truth, don't cheap out on the most important part of your combo.

thx.
lotsa good advice.
prob gonna go with a 3000 tci or hughes.
thank you!

No to the TCI. I've been down this route, lost several times. it's worth it to pony up for at least a PTC unit.

-
Back