B&M Megashifter?

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Now that I have the engine ironed out it is time to move on to other problems. After I installed the tranny and Megashifter I can't get 3rd gear. I have a 727 with a manual reverse valve body. The problem is not that it hasn't got 3rd gear. The problem is the shifter will not allow it to go to 3rd. I set the shifter up with the tranny in park and the shifter in park. I am thinking that my stock lever on the tranny is to long to allow the shifter to pull it all of the way. This was a used shifter in very good condition but I didn't get any instructions or the tranny lever. It rachets properly.
Has anybody got any other ideas?

Jack

If I remember correctly, when I put in a B&M shifter in an old car it came with the lever for the trans. The factory one might be too long. I'd contact B&M and see what they say. You could try to put the trans and the shifter in 3rd and adjust the cable to fit there. That's what I had to do. Worked fine then.

don

Stock lever on the tranny is longer than the one that comes with the shifter kit - so that is likely your problem.
My tranny w/lever is at the tranny shop until Friday so if nobody gives you the info before then, pm me and I'll measure for you.

-
Back