b&m pro rachet shifter

-

dillinger

Reaction score
hi every one. new guy here have a 68 cuda fastback 440 727 that goes 11.60 .going to install a b&m pro rachet shifter .the car has a console anybody do this install.:burnout:

hi every one. new guy here have a 68 cuda fastback 440 727 that goes 11.60 .going to install a b&m pro rachet shifter .the car has a console anybody do this install.:burnout:

did a cheeta shifter in a stock console, in the stock location. was a bit-- ! took a lot of finessing and rigging. came out o k, still too far forward, like the stock ones tho.

welcome to the site from connecticut

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 027.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 034.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 054.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 165
I'm going to install a b&m stealth pro-ratchet in my 68. I've already figured out it's not going to fit under the factory console.If you want to keep the oe console I would recommend the quick silver.I used it in both my 65 coronet500 and my 68 coronet r/t with factory consoles and no top plate mods.as for the cuda i'm adapting a 2002 model avenger console with the upsweep to meet the dash and the tunnel mounted hand brake,it will allow me to move the shifter rearward and still cover the mechanism .hope this helps

Attachments

• 072.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 156
hi guys thanks for the imput on the pro rachet shifter on my 68 cuda I finaly completed the install took 2 weeks lol. I retained the factory console and factory brackets.but had to fab some alumum shifter mounting plates and 2 new alumun console covers painted them like factory argent silver.the shifter is posistined hi but it is a perfict location looks like racecar stuff .looks nails .the cable routing was a pain the a.. close to headers had to fab brackets to keep it away from headers.if you guys need info let me know.
keep burnin rubber.
:burnout:

Welcome to FABO. Good luck with the shifter console project, post pics if you can.

-
Back