B&M Quicksilver Off a Gear

-

72Duster440

Reaction score
I have a Quicksilver installed in my car, it was in the car 10 years ago when I got it. I am finally getting around to hooking up the NSS and reverse lights. It appears that the shifter is off 1 gear though. Everything functions just fine between the shifter and trans, but my reverse lights come on when the trans is in neutral now (shifter is in reverse), and the NSS is off a gear as well. I also noticed that it enters ratchet mode in 2nd gear, instead of drive, I always assumed 2nd gear was correct.

Reading the instructions for a Quicksilver, there is supposed to be a couple pins installed to run this on a 3 speed trans to lockout 4th gear. Mine doesn't seem to have the holes in the shifter base to install these pins. Can I assume that I can just fix this by adjusting the cable differently, or do I need to find a way to lock it out of 4th gear?

My quicksilver seems to be off a bit as well. It seems to be a tiny bit short in its full movement ... Either park or 1st is off a smidge depending on how I adjust it.
We may have same issue manifesting itself in different ways.
Are you running a 904 or 727 ?
Did it ever work correctly ?

I'm running a 727, it's been like this since I've had it, even the gear indicator shows off one gear. Never bothered me until I tried to hook up the NSS and reverse lights. I'm going to trying adjusting the cable like the video on their site shows, if not, I'll give them a call.

Mine doesn't have the holes in the brackets for the two pins they show to use with a 3 speed trans.

20180805_205713.jpg

20180805_221319.jpg

Try adjusting the shifter in neutral. Get the shifter working right and then worry about the neutral safety and back up lights.

-
Back